Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Owner VW Rabbit & its still hoppin' along.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Owner VW Rabbit & its still hoppin' along.

I have told some of you about this guy I work with who has a VW Rabbit & is as CRAZY over it as we are our Festy's. This is a picture of his VW Rabbit he bought back at the end 83 BRAND NEW, & it is still going...I have been around him when people walks by asking him "when you gonna get rid of that poor old car" & he laughs at them. He was telling me that he has a mechanic who told him he would love to work on his car (another big fan of the Rabbits) :-)....I willl try to get some pics from inside once I catch him in the parking lot. I thought it was awesome myself :p.

Last edited by Guest; 06-27-2008, 09:15 AM. Reason: Making changes....noticed some misprints

Is it a GTI? I got a couple of friends with rabbit GTIs that they autocross and they are awesome cars. Wouldn't mind owning one myself.
    The Festiva Store
    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Originally posted by nonamekid View Post
      Is it a GTI? I got a couple of friends with rabbit GTIs that they autocross and they are awesome cars. Wouldn't mind owning one myself.

Yeah it sure is....he said the AC still works even being 23 years old....he just needs to try & change it to the R134

Comment

People just dont get the mentality behind these cars. Theyre fun to drive. Cheap on gas for the most part. Relaitivly easy to fix at a minimal cost. And darn it theyre just cute in an ugly duckling kind of way.
        Why spend 300 - 400 a month on a car payment? For a car that when you look under the hood. You MIGHT recognize the battery if youre lucky.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
          Cheap on gas for the most part..
          Of course even a BP Festiva gets decent mileage

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Nice Rabbit. I know a few people who own them and FestivaWilliam08 is right. These people would probably give up their wives before they would even think of parting with their cars.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Got my '81 VW Rabbit 1.6 diesel in my garage next to my Festivas.
              Still owe Matt for looking it over for me before I closed the deal.
              They suffer from the some issue our festers do that keep us from reach higher MPG, really bad C sub f!
              Anyone know the C sub f for our festers?
              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
              '92 Aqua parts Car
              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
              Your holy ghost will not save you.
              Your God plutonium will not save you.
              In fact...
              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I bought a couple VW rabbits many years ago for my daughters to drive. They were alot of fun to drive. I wouldn't mind getting a diesel someday.

Dean
                The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
                Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
                link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
                4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
                Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                  ...They suffer from the some issue our festers do that keep us from reach higher MPG, really bad C sub f!
                  C sub f? Have anything to do with drag coefficient? If so, I'm guessing around 0.4 - 0.5
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

0.36 I believe.
                    91GL BP/F3A with boost
                    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I have a '78 two door Rabbit that spun a rod bearing back in 1990. It's been in a shed ever since. I was going to fix it, but decided on getting a Festiva instead. The Rabbit's a great car, I just don't have time to do a short block exchange.

My Rabbit was fast up to 70mph. The mechanical FI had been replaced with a Weber carb.
                      '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                        They suffer from the some issue our festers do that keep us from reach higher MPG, really bad C sub f!
                        C sub f? Frontal area doesn't get much smaller than a Festiva's. What's C sub f? Don't tell me I should have bought a GEO Storm.
                        '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

C sub f = coefficient of friction = air resistance
                          Frontal area is only one component of a vehicle's resistance to air flow.

I think our beloved fester have a Cof between 0.30 and 0.35,
                          I have no actual data.
                          Anyone got a better source?

Anyone know how to sub or super script in this editor?
                          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                          Your holy ghost will not save you.
                          Your God plutonium will not save you.
                          In fact...
                          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

The Festiva's literal 'draw back' would come from negative pressure in it's wake. There's not much we can do about it.

I don't know much about sub or super-scripts. I've heard there is a set of command strokes for doing it. It varies depending on your keyboard.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                              People just dont get the mentality behind these cars. Theyre fun to drive. Cheap on gas for the most part. Relaitivly easy to fix at a minimal cost. And darn it theyre just cute in an ugly duckling kind of way.
                              Why spend 300 - 400 a month on a car payment? For a car that when you look under the hood. You MIGHT recognize the battery if youre lucky.

I totally agree :-)....I have never owned a vehicle that you can change a fax belt in 5 mins flat lol....I love mine.....I as my neighbors & others in town have found out...I'm not about to sale it for no money

Comment

Working...
                              X