No announcement yet.

well I sold the ford to buy a honda...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well I sold the ford to buy a honda...

Nope. not the festie... the festy stays. But the trans in the LTD was starting to slip really bad and i don't really have too much extra room at my new house, so I sold the motor and then scrapped the rest of the car. $300 for the car without the motor as scrap metal! Yay for giant old hunks of american steel! and before anyone starts hating on me for destroying it, the wagon was in rough shape anyway, a good bit of rust underneath too, it was intended to be a project car, but with gas the way it is and no end in sight, the cash and extra space in the garage was worth more to me than the car (and I only paid $100 for it in the first place)

Now to my new ride I'm buying with the money Yep, its a honda, but not a civic or an accord, no, I wouldn't stoop that low and disgrace the festie like that. Its an '86 Rebel 250. Small and slow I know, but a good bike for me to learn on and great on gas for commuting, plus it lets the festiva take a little break between pizza delivering nights I should have some pics soon of my new toy
    Last edited by htchbck; 07-15-2008, 04:55 PM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

you'll love the Rebel. Great little bike!
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Sad to see the classic family car go.

You mind if I ask how much you make delivering? Big or small town?
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I'm sure the decision to give up the wagon was a tough one, but on the bright side, that Honda will get about twice the mileage your Festiva does!
        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I can't help to wonder what a merging of the Festiva and LTD would have resulted in... A wildly underpowered boat or a 'stiva with bottomed out suspension due to a billion-pound drivetrain...
          Last edited by thirdman; 06-26-2008, 08:15 PM.
          Thirdman
          1992 White Festiva L - original owner
          1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

It was a tough decision to let it go, but the motor found a good home (in the belly of an 87 ranger) and i can only hope that once its melted down it will be used for a good cause.

Jim, yes I have a feeling I'm going to love the rebel (especially the gas mileage). I came upon it by chance, by way of my fiancees boss who casually asked me if I'd be interested in buying a motorcycle when I was dropping my fiancee off at work (carpooling in a festiva saves lots of gas!). I laughed and said probably not, but after hearing what it was I had to at least go look at it. Its in perfect shape except one mirror was removed and he broke the headlight trim piece while replacing the bulb. I'd been kinda passively looking for a decent mid 80s honda or yamaha just for commuting since I'm no longer living right in town, and I'd also been passively looking to sell the 302 and the wagon, and it all timed itself out perfectly. So I'm pretty excited about it, and the more I read up on it, these little rebels have quite a grassroots following, and their forum seems to have the same kinda atmosphere as ours here, which is good

oh and hazard, I make decent money, minimum wage hourly plus usually around $5 per run counting tips and the gas money they pay (right now its $1.60 per run I think) and in the festy I don't burn up too much gas either. We're a mid-size town with a HUGE delivery area (14 mile radius).
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              oh and hazard, I make decent money, minimum wage hourly plus usually around $5 per run counting tips and the gas money they pay (right now its $1.60 per run I think) and in the festy I don't burn up too much gas either. We're a mid-size town with a HUGE delivery area (14 mile radius).
              lol...I just recently started delivering pizza on the weekends. I have yet to get a paycheck but for the last 2 weekends I have made about 320 bucks in tips. I have worked about 23 hours total. I get $1.50 per delivery for gas money and I have yet to lose on that end...lol. So far I am averaging $5.00 a delivery. We have a 15 minute delivery range...if we can get there in about 15 minutes...we go. Makes for a big delivery area....one night I did 212 miles. And I am still averaging 43mpg....woot!
              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              There ain't no rest for the wicked
              until we close our eyes for good.
              I will sleep when I die!
              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Heck yes for runnin 'za! We run on contract. 4.00 a delivery plus tips. I make around 100 a night including gas. Easy money.
                Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

^^wow....4 bucks a delivery....nice. Do you also get an hourly wage?
                  "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  There ain't no rest for the wicked
                  until we close our eyes for good.
                  I will sleep when I die!
                  I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

nah. but all i have to do is fold boxes
                    Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

well I finally got some pics of the rebel, they aren't the best in the world, but they turned out ok Oh and it turns out its an '85 not an '86...

Veiw from the drivers seat

Only 10K on the clock

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                      X