Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I brought the Festiva home today (1st Time).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I brought the Festiva home today (1st Time).

I haven't decided what to name my car. I'm thinking 'Festus' (from Gunsmoke), or perhaps 'Stevie'. One of my neighbors is named Stevie, though, so I wouldn't be able to talk to the car when he was around :p

'Festus' drove straight and strong for 12 miles. The motor doesn't smoke at all. The 4 speed gives it enough torque to actually accelerate going uphill in 4th. Remember I'm in Kansas, so the hills aren't X-treme.

The downside is I have do a complete brake job, it's down on the rotors. The exhaust is broke at the welds and hanging low, it can be welded and re-hung.

I put in the elusive 'missing link' in place of the main fusible link wire. Just so everyone knows, the Festiva fusible link module is a universal design. It takes FLF (fusible link female) cartridges, available at any parts store or Walmart. I used a 30 amp. The fusible wire was put in by KIA so they could enhance their profit margin by several million dollars annually.

I took a couple of pictures with my Canon A510, but I haven't figured out how to post them on this forum. I get an "invalid file" response to my JPEG. I'll figure this out eventually; any help would be appreciated.

Festus needs headlights. I'm going to attempt a 2B1 conversion for the headlights. 2B1's are the universal (rectangular) two light systems used in the USA from 1979 to 199? More on my headlight conversion later.
    Last edited by BigElCat; 06-27-2008, 10:38 PM.
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

upload the photo to photobucket.com get an account from there copy and paste the img code on to your thread here. Waiting for pictures!!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Yep! What he said. This thread is worthless without pics!
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Here's Festus! More Photos later.

'88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Welcome home Festus....Glad you could join us :hello1:

Comment

awesome!!! And do I spot a Sammie along side?
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Two Sammies and a 1985 F150. All my stuff's pretty humble looking, but the ones I drive are mechanically sound. I could share some pics of the entire 'stable', if anyone's interested.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

absolutely!! Always nice to see the whole stable!!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Umm a little more details on the car? It looks remotely like a 88 I used to have (darker front fenders). I sold it to a guy in Butler, MO a few years ago. The front end was twicked though due to a accident so probably not.
                  91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

^^^The fenders are the same color as the rest of the car (they're in the shade in the photo), and the front end IS pretty well twicked.

Dude! Where's your car? I think I have it now!
                    Last edited by BigElCat; 06-29-2008, 10:37 PM.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

i wanted that car nice ride
                      92 capri non turbo

Comment

The Rest of the Stable.

The F150 rules! I don't want to brag it up too much, because it spends most of it's time home alone.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

this thread is now worthy....luvin' the pictures! Thumbs up for CORONA!!!! YEAH!!
                          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I ran it up to 80mph, and it still had some left. The gas in it has to be a year old, too.

New alternator belt on, and wiper blades. I stripped out the carpet because it was retaining water (bad windshield seal). Floor pan's not rusted though. I pulled the exhaust from behind the cat.

The bare exhaust tunnel doesn't get warm, except where the pipe is open. I'm going to patch the current system together without a muffler. The cat keeps it quiet enough.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

You know Im kind of diggin that hood in the flat black with that body color. It doesnt look like it needs a whole lot of work bodywise at least from the pics and angles youve chosen. Hows the passenger side? Should be able to pick up a rear bumper cover and grill fairly cheaply at a JY near you. Can get the grills pretty cheaply on Ebay and the bumper cover for around $100 shipped. Carpet if you need to replace it you can get for around 155 shipped.
                              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                              - Unknown
                              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Working...
                              X