Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man Can't sell me Festy in Tennessees..??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Can't sell me Festy in Tennessees..??

I was working in TN.Cleveland,Tn.I saw a Festy in a towing lot.A/C,rear wiper , blue striped interior,nice bod(nicer than mine).It was at Lawsons Towing in Cleveland Tennessee.I called the owner , he told me it had been sitting there for a long time and he couldn't get a title.He said he has to SCRAP it.!!!UGH!!.I asked if I could buy parts...he so no .It is against the law.Anyone know anything about this in TN.? I really want that car.!!!Thanks.
    oh,and a SUNROOF...!!!!

see if he will let you buy it as scrap metal not parts

Comment

I'd say he doesn't want to fool with selling it. He should be able to get a lien against the car for towing/storage and get a title if he wanted one.

Comment

Steal it!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

I just got thru with a career hauling cars out of junk yards
          for Copart . I worked TN and Kentucky . Seems there are some funny laws concerning salvage cars. You might ask him if he could get a title by applying for one thru the Tn DOT and offer to pay the fee which is rather low. He should be able to get a title by attaching a lein on the car for storage . You could call the TN DOT and ask about this so when you speak to him again you will be informed. BTW I want the pass headlight, marker light, signal light

Comment

I know in WV, if it has ever had a salvage title, you can't title it and put it back on the road, but I don't see why he or you once you buy it, can't at least get something putting it in your name. At least do a bill of sale and take that to DMV.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
              Steal it!

I like your thinking Brian lol :p

Comment

Originally posted by batstiva View Post
                I know in WV, if it has ever had a salvage title, you can't title it and put it back on the road, but I don't see why he or you once you buy it, can't at least get something putting it in your name. At least do a bill of sale and take that to DMV.
                PA has salvage titles....meaning it can not be put on the road with out a 'resurrection' safety inspection. Only insurance companies and dealers can request a salvage title. The state, if they deem necessary will issue a salvage tag for a lost or no title record.
                Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

pay the 40 for a lein and it becomes yours tell the man your willing to do that and that you could pay him some back storage - that may entice him

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                  92 GL - parts car
                  97 aspire - parts car
                  87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                  http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                  Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Working...
                  X