missing some bolts to traling arm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing some bolts to traling arm....

okay well if you know me then you know i had some problems with my aspire trailing arm swap...well one of my shock bolts broke and i can't seem to find the other one witch was in tacked and also one of the bolts that holds it in place where it pivots is missing... my girlfriend moved stuff and i can't find them anywhere i was wondering if anybody had them and could tell me where to buy some like a hardware store or something cause we have no more in jy...

Ford Festiva L
    Automatic

are you refering the the bolt that goes through the busing with the square end on it?, if its just the rear shock bolt that goes into the apire trailing arm it should just me a metric bolt i can try and find out the size of it if you need too ill have to find mine and stop at the hardware store.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
      are you refering the the bolt that goes through the busing with the square end on it?, if its just the rear shock bolt that goes into the apire trailing arm it should just me a metric bolt i can try and find out the size of it if you need too ill have to find mine and stop at the hardware store.
      the one with the square end and both of the bolts that hold the shock on..

Ford Festiva L
      Automatic

Comment

Bump Plaese someone help i really want to get my festiva on the road....

Ford Festiva L
        Automatic

Comment

measure the length of the bolts needed.....

I think the Axle pivot bolts are 12mm in diameter and the shock eye bolts where 10mm. But I may be wrong.

For the Shocks you will need to find one the right length and thread. I think they were in the range of 70mm long. I think it was a 1.25mm thread, but am not positive. It was not terribly easy to find.

For the pivots all you need is the right length and then get a new nut to match the new bolt. I think these were 100mm long.
          Grind down a flat spot on the head so it fits in like it did with the square head.

All should be available at a good hardware store.... I had to replace mine as well.... I should remember the size, but I've slept since then.
          Last edited by jasonpaulbauer; 07-14-2008, 03:23 PM.
          Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

Comment

yeah i don't have any but 1 pivot bolt and i can find that if i really want to but well i'm really in need of the shock bolts and have none to look at to go to a hardware store to get i mean i would even pay someone to go to a junkyard and get these bolts for me... we seem not to have any aspires but the one i took the trailing arm off of..

Ford Festiva L
            Automatic

Comment

Here...

Pivot Bolt = 12mm x 1.5 x 100mm
              Shock Bolt = 10mm x 1.25mm x 70mm or its 10mm x 1.0mm x 70mm I cant remember

If you cant find the 12mm x 1.5mm bolt, get a 12mm x 1.75 x 100mm bolt and matching nut.

Go to the hardware store and spend $5... Your making it harder than it needs to be.
              Previous owner of a '89 Graphite L, 4spd, GL Seats, Aspire Brakes, 14x6's, 185/60/14's

Comment

Darn. I can't remember the size of the shock bolt either (pinch bolt I assume?), but after searching everywhere and coming up empty handed, I walked in to the Honda ATV dealer down the road and he gave me one right over the counter. Thinking back, I'm not surprised since ATVs are just slightly bigger than Festivas. Cost - 3 bucks. Revelation - priceless.
                Cheers!

Fishtiva

Comment

Originally posted by jasonpaulbauer View Post
                  Here...

Pivot Bolt = 12mm x 1.5 x 100mm
                  Shock Bolt = 10mm x 1.25mm x 70mm or its 10mm x 1.0mm x 70mm I cant remember

If you cant find the 12mm x 1.5mm bolt, get a 12mm x 1.75 x 100mm bolt and matching nut.

Go to the hardware store and spend $5... Your making it harder than it needs to be.
                  i'm making it harder then it needs to be? what i dont' really understand... cause i don't have a bolt to go buy to go to store to get some and well there is no aspires around to get them off of i even asked a random person in a aspire if i could measure there shock bolt and they were like what!?.. but thanks i'm going to go to the hardware store right now...

Ford Festiva L
                  Automatic

Comment

So.... were you able to get the bolts?

Comment

Working...
                    X