Introducing myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Hi everybody. My name is Laura and I'm a Southern CA native, high desert to be specific. I bought my first Festiva new, in '89. It was a red 5spd LX. Loved it, but parted with it in 93. Our family was growing and needed a larger car.

Fast forward a few years, one kid on his way to college, one out on his own, and gas at unimaginable prices, and I was on the festiva hunt! No easy thing here in CA it would turn out. But I eventually succeeded and am now the proud owner of...............lol, a red 5 spd Festiva LX. I have named him Moe. He's a 1990 CA car, with just under 65k miles when I bought him about a month ago. I found him on craigslist in Orange County and drove 4 and a half hours to see him. Took a test drive and bought him on the spot. As we were filling out the bill of sale, a guy pulled up in a yellow festiva and offered us more money than we had just paid (we had paid 1800.00). I felt bad for the guy, but these little cars are tough to find in good shape (as you already know), so we finished up the paperwork, and I drove Moe the 4.5 hours back home. I have been reading the posts here, and learning everything I can since then. There's such a wealth of information here! It's been a great help just being able to do key word searches and find answers to my questions. There are many improvements I would like to make. So far I have painted the steelies gloss black, polished the trim rings and center caps, peeled off the peeling red bumper stripes, slathered the bumpers and trim with back-to-black, ordered and installed a coin/cup holder from Levitan, installed a new stereo in the lower console area, put on a steering wheel cover and bought new floor mats. I gave the interior a thorough cleaning too. It is in great shape, but the car sat for 2 years and was a bit musty smelling. Oh I almost forgot! I have just completed all four brakes too, with new pads and hardware in the fronts, and new drums, shoes and all new bearings in the rear! All with the help of you guys! LOL And I have never worked on a car before! It was fun, though frustrating at times (hold down clips and pins on brake shoes!:violent1! The stake nuts concern me though and I look forward to changing those out to the cotter pin type if I can find the spindles (not much luck there so far). Anyway, sorry this got so long. I just wanted to finally say hello and thanks to you all. I look forward to reading and posting, and maybe meeting some of you at a festiva get together someday!

Now I'll head over to the gallery and post a couple more pics of the cup holder install.

Here's the car when I bought it.

Here is a shot of him from this morning (the date is wrong on our camera).

I'm thinking FOTM with somemore story details and pics (we really like pics)!!!!!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Fantastic!!! Welcome to the site, and Festiva Nirvana!!!
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Welcome! Glad you got back in a festiva!
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Welcome to the boards, hope you enjoy it and find a lot of useful information

Comment

Welcome to the site. I'm glad you were able to get another Festy.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
            88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
            88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
            06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

Welcome to the site, wish I could find a Festiva that clean for sale around here..........
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Welcome Laura!:hello2: I concur with others that have mentioned entering Moe in FOTM. Its a great story. Take some more pics of him and do it! Bonus points if youre in one!Major bonus points if youre in a bikini! J/K
                Anyways this is a great site with some great members and it looks like we've just added another. So welcome once again!
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

The Curmudgeon Sez: About time you came back!
                  Rasta Sez: e be jammin now, mon!
                  Shtinky Sez: I just love those holes in the head rests!
                  Smurffy Sez: Hey! Bring those head rests back!...............

Welcome!

Michael
                  Have owned 9 so far
                  White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                  Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                  Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                  Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                  Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Howdy!
                    Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
                    The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Welcome to FF.com, looks like a great car!
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

Welcome Laura! FOTM indeed!

Go for it!

Karl
                        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Welcome LauraZ !!!! Nice ride !!
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Welcome to the board LauraZ......very nice car!!

Where exactly are you in SoCal? I'm over here in Riverside.
                            If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                            Mark S.

Comment

sorry for the slow response; Welcome!!!
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X