Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva"l" Newbie

Hello all:

I've been a closet Festy fan since I rented one on Hawaii back in 95! I've always hated little cars but this one was spunky!

Anyway, in light of the recent gasoline woes, (And my gas hungry dd's), I've been thinking about the festy again.

What kind of options/trim are desireable and what kind of prices should I be expecting to pay? Difference in L or GL?

I can do alot of my own work and am not averse to buying a fixer.

Just trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible to aid in my search...
    88 LX - Twin turbo, Intercooled :p
    Recently re-chistened from "Cheapstiva" to "Expenstiva"

Welcome to the site!:wave: Heres a couple links that show which options were available for each year.

And one discussing the rare options.

Lotta good info here. Use the search function it will be your best freind here. And if you cant find the answer that way. Someone is bound to know.
    Welcome once again!
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Welcome to the site!

PS. A warning. If you spend any time on this site, you'll quickly go from thinking about Festivas to wanting one badly. It'll become an obsession. It happened to me, it can happen to you too.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by boostmaster View Post
        I can do alot of my own work and am not averse to buying a fixer.
        Ther ya go....right place to be and car to have!
        Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
        The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Thanks for the info. It was very helpful.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been looking for a few months and seem to have found a few nice ones but the prices are all over the board. $500-$3000

Is there a price range I should be around?

Comment

I was doing some "searching" and was curious about the carb situation for 88-89 models. Most of the posts and pics are over 1-2 years old so it seems a little bit limited.

I have a bead on an 88 that supposedly runs fine. If I have issues are there current resources that I will have available? All my cars are Fuel Injected. I've never even touched a Carb...

Comment

feedback carbs

There are a lot of threads that you will find with the search option, discussing feedback carbs. I personally believe that all feedback carbs are to be avoided at all costs. You may see my carb setup near the end of the rare parts thread.

Comment

Excuse me for asking, but what are your daily drivers?
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by boostmaster View Post
                  Thanks for the info. It was very helpful.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been looking for a few months and seem to have found a few nice ones but the prices are all over the board. $500-$3000

Is there a price range I should be around?
                  I bought my 93 L for $600 and it has given me a few problems, the most resent needing a transmission replacement, but if your willing to do some repairs I would suggest getting a "cheepo" and working on it, but you might search the junkyards in your area to see if you can get the replacement parts. I just found an upgraded back hatch with wiper and defrost for cheep. Most of the parts on a festiva are interchangeable between years and models, so it is easy to "change" your L- to a GL or XLT or whatever. good hunting!
                  89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

my dd's are a Supercharged Expedition and a Subaru WRX + a few beasts in the garage.

Comment

I bought my first festiva yesterday!!! 88lx

Drove 6 hours with no issues at all. Averaged 46.7 mpg.... yippee

I'll post some before and after pics when I get her cleaned up today.

Comment

BTW it's silver

Comment

Welcome to the site and congrats on the new purchase!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Thanks to all the warm welcomes...

I am finding that working on this car is a little more frustrating than I thought...

I need brakes all around.. I had to order front rotors and I don't even know if they are right! I can't seem to break the rear drums loose. I can't even find the drums at any of my local parts stores. They have to special order an O2 sensor, my plugs..... Ughh... The counter people just look at me with blank stares...:evil: I went to Wal-Mart to get some new tires- The guy says he doesn't know any sizes so I'd have to look on the shelf. I found that they advertised 185/70/13's $40 a piece---and so I asked for a set. They didn't have any. They called another store and they only had one. I was going to special order them but I wanted to make sure that the width would work on the stock steel rim. (I know there are multiple threads on wheels and tires but I didn't see anywhere that stated how wide a tire I could put on a stock rim)

I'm soooo frustraded. Can anyone give me a few quick sites or places to go or call for parts? (I don't have enough time today to "search" in any detail) Just looking for some quick info....

Sorry for the rant but it seems as if an easy project is going to turn into quite some work.

Please tell me that this will get better...

Comment

www.rockauto.com.

theres other places im sure someone will post.

but i usually jsut go with rockauto.

my festiva was silver at one time!

Comment

Working...
                              X