I'm stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm stumped

Okay, so yesterday I was cruising through Asheville, when I looked over and there was this little Ute sitting at a red light about to turn the other direction. I didn't have time to snap a pic...nor could I turn around...but this thing was smaller than any truck/ute I've ever seen. It looked like a modern Metro, but with a fully integrated bed...longer than a metro of course. This thing had to be OE, the bed contours matched the body perfectly. The emblem on the front had an outter circle, and something in the middle...looked a lot like a chevy emblem in the center. I am completely stumped as to what this subcompact truck/ute could be. Any ideas? Possibly an import?

Donovan

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
    '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
    '68 Mustang Coupe
    '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Okay, I think I found it. It's a South American Chevy, based on an Opel Corsa. Wonder how they got it in the US? Then again, there has been a Smart Fortwo in Asheville since they were first intoduced in Europe several years ago...they got it in for business reasons...was a rolling advertisement. They should bring these things here, utility and gas savings..sounds good to me. http://tinyurl.com/6dt9l4

'68 Mustang Coupe

Comment

That is a neat looking little truck!

I know we can import cars from Canada, but I wonder what the rules are for importing them from Mexico? Anyone know?

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Makes you want to buy one huh? I would seriosly consider it and I not a Chevy guy anymore. I'd likely have something similar if Ford had a comparable offering. It would be right beside my KA. Thanks to our Gov't thats not likely to happen anytime soon. They want us to fill our giant Exibition and Expursion SUV's with our 5 dollar per gallon fuel.
        That is a nice looking truck though. It almost look as if they used the Colorado rear end to save tooling costs.
        '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
        '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
        '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
        '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
        '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
        '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
        '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Yeah, it was really cool looking. It's hard to tell in the pics how small it really was..but it's narrow and short, but very proportional. If Ford made on I'd be all over it. I'll have to keep an eye out for this thing again, and see if I can find out how they got it here. The first guy to do it does all the hard work. I know people in TN bring in South American SUV's with diesels...maybe there is a loophole there somewhere.

'68 Mustang Coupe

Comment

thats pretty cool looking!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It's really irritating sometimes to find out how few options we in America actually have when it come to the cars our "domestic" companies build.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
              1989 L - 247K miles Slick
              1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
              Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

earlier today while visiting Imperial beach CA (sandcastle-building contest), I saw some kind of Chevy small car, have no idea what it was...had Mexico plates. About Festiva-sized, almost looked like a late model Metro, but newer in style. Have no idea what it was, and i have no idea why i didn't take a pic!
                If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                Mark S.

Comment

possibly a chevy aveo 5??? just a guess

Comment

Working...
                  X