Top Ten Fastest Festivas/Aspires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten Fastest Festivas/Aspires

i want to make a section on the top ten fastest festivas and aspires according to swaps...

what does everyone say eh?? :wink:

i just want to see where everyone stands so i can set some goals...

plus this could be interesting to see what motors run what times and stuff..
    1.6 liter bowtie eater

I think my rustbucket will be in the top 10 with the 63 hp stock engine with 230 000km on it. I could paint a racing stripe (10hp), put an exhaust tip (15hp), get a bigass spoiler (25hp), remove all the seats including the driver's seat (15hp), put some neons on it (10hp), paint the rims (15hp), paint the brakes (15hp), put a visor strip thingy that says "FFFF" and underneath writes Freakin' Fast Ford Festiva (25hp), an eBay "computer chip" AKA resistor, that goes in the intake sensor (15hp), a "plug it in" turbo (45hp)... and the list goes on... That's alotta horsepower my friend. I'll let you know how things turn out!

*** (two months pass)***

Alright guys, here are the stats:

0-60 accel.= 29.9seconds
    60 - 0 braking = 1.2 kilometers
    top speed = 140km\h (downhill)
    1\4 mile = 42.3 seconds
    race against a tomos moped = close but lost by 1 moped length ops:

Hmmm, it seems slower? (I think it might be the fact that the spoiler is at a 60degree angle and is creating too much drag. Could also explain my front end floating and lack or steering once I go past 60mph.
    I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

I'm still slow at 13.3 @ 102mph... I haven't had time to tune my car yet so it isn't very quick right now.

Just a little reminder, you can have all the power in the world, but what good is it when you can't get it down to the ground
      * Retired Festiva-er*
      1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
      B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
        I'm still slow at 13.3 @ 102mph... I haven't had time to tune my car yet so it isn't very quick right now.

Just a little reminder, you can have all the power in the world, but what good is it when you can't get it down to the ground
        true story... im in the process of making traction bars with hyme joints and dom tubing...and putting my built motor together still ops: ..... but now with the m/t 24.5X8 slicks i just got im hoping for some 1.7-1.8 60 ft's.. we'll see though im still on open diff but i really dont think there will be much problem. there is honda guys here that run low 10's and 1 in high 9's with open diffs STILL!!!
        1.6 liter bowtie eater

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_newbie
          I think my rustbucket will be in the top 10 with the 63 hp stock engine with 230 000km on it. I could paint a racing stripe (10hp), put an exhaust tip (15hp), get a bigass spoiler (25hp), remove all the seats including the driver's seat (15hp), put some neons on it (10hp), paint the rims (15hp), paint the brakes (15hp), put a visor strip thingy that says "FFFF" and underneath writes Freakin' Fast Ford Festiva (25hp), an eBay "computer chip" AKA resistor, that goes in the intake sensor (15hp), a "plug it in" turbo (45hp)... and the list goes on... That's alotta horsepower my friend. I'll let you know how things turn out!

*** (two months pass)***

0-60 accel.= 29.9seconds
          1\4 mile = 42.3 seconds

Hmmm, it seems slower? (I think it might be the fact that the spoiler is at a 60degree angle and is creating too much drag. Could also explain my front end floating and lack or steering once I go past 60mph.
          hmm grow up :?
          1.6 liter bowtie eater

Comment

how is that even possible for the honduh boys to get that power to the ground with open diffs, that seems insane. is is all the weight from the engine or maybe suspension? i mean tires can only help so much, you eventually need both of them spinning. im just guessing trying to throw out ideas.
            -rev till the valves float grab second and haul ass-

Comment

Originally posted by Fastiva604
              Originally posted by Festiva_newbie

*** (two months pass)***

0-60 accel.= 29.9seconds
              1\4 mile = 42.3 seconds

hmm grow up :?
              You seem offended. Is it because a. you have no sense of humor b. you're gumpy and need to get laid or c. you have a car similar to the one I described and it looks as tacky and tacky can be.

Personally, I think you need to grow up and laugh every once in a while. You're wayyyy to serious to be in a world like this.
              I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

lots of drag race only cars just weld the spider gears up solid instead of spending a grand on a limited slip.

Comment

^ 100% true. Canada's fastest FWD import has this done to it.
                  * Retired Festiva-er*
                  1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!

Comment

I would hope to be in the top ten, but I agree with B6T, I dont think these things can go much faster, maybe a low 12, you can make a b6t, bpt, or even a f2t push 290hp easily, but how the hell do you put it on the track? already with just a bp I can't even launch at 2000 rpm's without spinnin all the way through first or letting off.

Comment

Easy way, slip that clutch keep it in the sweet spot just this side of tire smoke

Chris

Comment

you need traction control. theres thousand dollar kits out there that work off an abs pump and wheel sensors. they modulate the front brakes in the case of a fwd, to limit power put down to the ground. a fully adjustable system will give you basically limitless traction and completely remove the need for welded up spider gears or a limited slip, as the traction control works independantly on each tyre to give each individual tyre maximum traction.
                        i wasnt really going to say anything but its kind of hard not to at this point. the guts of an aspire abs system can be relatively easily put onto a festiva, and for not much money. then with an aftermarket traction control, say hello to limitless traction.

this is my plan, once my car is running great and the bugs are worked out.

Comment

I'm sure there are stand alone ECUs out there that have a traction control feature. Using an ABS pump is stupid though, the same task could be accomplished just by using 4 wheel speed sensors, connected to the standalone ECU... instead of applying the brakes, it could just pull back timing when the wheels were spinning.
                          * Retired Festiva-er*

Comment

or what I want to do which was kind of the point I was making, not clear though, is just put a tranny in that will handle slicks without tearing up the tranny :wink: save alot of time and money in my point of view, fred you here anything about the tranny out of the 1st gen probes that bolts to the f2t 2.2 motor? You think it would fit pretty easily with fabing, what did you use for cv's on your g25mr?

Comment

Originally posted by B6T
                              I'm sure there are stand alone ECUs out there that have a traction control feature. Using an ABS pump is stupid though, the same task could be accomplished just by using 4 wheel speed sensors, connected to the standalone ECU... instead of applying the brakes, it could just pull back timing when the wheels were spinning.
                              actually, that's the way many manufacturers used to do it (torque limiting). most modern factory trac control systems use a combination of torque limiting and wheel speed control. The torque limiting only systems have a major drawback... it takes the engine out of its powerband. This completely kills the vehicles performance. The wheel speed only systems are brutal on pads and rotors, but keep the vehicles response high.
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X