Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to get these?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for some sheetmetal for my festiva. Does anyone know of a wrecked and clean festiva in your area that could donate some rocker panels, floorboard sections, and rear axle mounting points? The salvage yard near me doesn't allow power tools or torches in the yard, and I would need a reciprocating saw to cut out the sections that I need. Any ideas??

Thanks guys
    Joe
    wrestler3025@yahoo.com
    90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
    92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
    94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
    94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

buy the car from them and take it home to process, they will always take it back, for the salvage.........
    you want to blend in?, drive a honda
    92l festy car, original owner.
    2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
    1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

That would be great, but I don't have anywhere to store the car, and it would cost an arm and a leg to get a car towed to me. Thanks for the suggestion though.
      92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

drop some coin on a battery sawzall, or is that considered a power tool to them? the yards around here just don't want you dragging in a generator or air compressor, but let battery tools in no problem.
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Ive got a festiva thats been stripped completely. Its going to the scrapper. You would be welcome to the metal on it but Atlanta is a long way from here.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I need basically the same thing on the drivers side. I know a yard near me where (for a price) they will cut sections off of cars for you. See if the yard near you would do the same.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

No power tools? No sale!

I haven't been everywhere but I don't know of a decent JY that wouldn't allow a battery *power tool.* Be sure to specify when asking.

I recently cut out some sections from behind the L & R doors with a 4 inch cutoff wheel. JY operator let me pull my truck w/generator along side. Nice gal.

Comment

I did specify when I asked. I wrote an email to the company and their response was "sorry we don't allow ANY power tools on the premises" I even pointed out that the car that I wanted to obtain the parts from had been there since May. They rotate their inventory every 70 days, so it will be going to the crusher very soon.
                Last edited by wrestler3025; 07-18-2008, 12:32 AM.
                92 B6 Festiva, 5spd

Comment

Working...
                X