hyundai accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hyundai accent

im right now looking a 2001 hyundai accent for my girlfreind has anyone dealt with these cars before? are they good cars? i talked him down to 2500 it has 133,000 on it and i cant find anything wrong other than a need for a brake job do you think i should bye it?
    1989 Ford Ranger 177 2.9
    2001 hyundai accent 1.6 DOHC

not the best price i have seen, but pretty good if its clean. i put 50k on an 01 accent and i would say it was a great car, 35mpg no matter how hard you push it (5 speed), a/c was ice cold, and the seats were comfortable on long trips. mine was the 1.6 twin cam, always thought the acceleration was about the same or a tad better than a festiva.

one thing to watch out for is electrical problems! i had my parking lights and headlights wired up to toggle switches, i also had no horn and no radio for 40k of the 50k i put on it. if the car you are looking at hasn`t had electrical problems yet, then it probably won`t.

Comment

a friend of mine has an 00' Accent and has driven it for 100 - 120k KMS with very little issues

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

i have an 01 Accent GL with the 1.6 dohc as well..Good car i like it. I want to someday transplant that motor into a festiva, if it fits then i know the 2.0 from the elantra will.
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Working...
        X