canadian airbags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canadian airbags?

-whats up with canada and airbags, it seems like you guys up north get the short end of the crash restraint system compared to usa.

is this true, that canadian cars dont have airbags, or atleast didnt have them for a while?

i would love to get a factory canadian dash to fit my kia sephia and cover up the airbag, as i have taken it out. i dont have a passenger seat much elss lassengers, so no need for an airbag.

anyone want to look for a dash for me? ill pay ya.

Fuck man we just got the automobile here in the early 90's... we won't get air bags for another few decades.

(The only difference between Canadian and US safety systems are the bumpers, Canada has higher test standards then the US. That's why we don't get the EVO. Canadian air bags might be a different strength, but I doubt that)
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

why is it that i often see canadian cars without airbags then.

for instance, a friend of mine has a canadian miata with no airbags. theres just a cover to go over where an airbag should be.

Comment

Airbags

I believe airbags are optional up to 1995 or 6, I work in a Junkyard And for the exception of some small sports cars they all have bags after these years
        1996 Aspire, 2DR 5SPD 185 60 14, Aluminum rims, Mild Stereo system, some neon tubes, 185 000 km not a speck of rust runs like a champ
        B8-ME Swap COMPLETED.

Comment

they're mandatory in new cars now, but they aren't in very many models before the early to mid 90's.

canadian air bags, which are far superior, can only be made by real canadian beavers, which until the 90's were actually endangered species, otherwise we would have had airbags in the 1800's on our buggies. thanks to eco-scientists and treehuggers, the beaver is alive and well, working in airbag factories, which like all canadian buildings, are obviously made of ice. the beavers are fed nothing but maple syrup, poutines, and tim hortons coffee.
          marc
          white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

...and that's a true story
            marc
            white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

[quote=" the beaver is alive and well, working in airbag factories, which like all canadian buildings, are obviously made of ice. the beavers are fed nothing but maple syrup, poutines, and tim hortons coffee.[/quote]

LOL!!!!!
              I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

Working...
              X