Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Guy on the forum...the official 3 chapter introduction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome

to festie world i have a 92 and an 89 i have found out the hard way that before you buy one check the rear wheel bearings for play.They have a bearing locknut that like to back off.Nice thing is there easy to check
    workin hard lovin life just need the the old festie right

Comment

Been awhile sense I logged on, college started..

One interesting crash test page, I think I found it on a thread here somewhere.

Sounds like the festys really do hold their shape OK for a little car with all those rear ends!

MK3 VW's easily the best handling package of the VW's. MK2 vs MK3's suspensions are very smilier. And the Festivas suspension is similar to the MK2's.. So I hope this little bugger can handle All the handling tricks for the VW work for the Festiva?
      Do Vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Comment

ya I will agree with every thing they said. Mine mashed the inner fender all to hell, but the pass. compartments held there shape

Comment

Re: welcome

Originally posted by festie needs?
          to festie world i have a 92 and an 89 i have found out the hard way that before you buy one check the rear wheel bearings for play.They have a bearing locknut that like to back off.Nice thing is there easy to check
          YES.. do check the bearings! My left rear bearing went out on me going down to San Antonio. I thought it was a flat at first, but then pulled over and noticed I still had air in the wheel :? After further investigation, the Bearing had come unseated somehow and all hell broke loose. The bearing race broke and the bearings litterally melted to the spindle. $300 in repairs (more than I paid for the car!) and I was back on the road. Other than that, I drove 1300 miles round trip and that was the only misfortune. 46 MPG too!
          Wichita, KS to San Antonio TX for $25!

Love these cars!
          Rob
          Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

Note to self, check the bearings.. Anything else I should know about?

I'm just liking the economical power potential these have.. one fairly low cost engine swap and you get low 14's high 13's am I correct? Throw on a good IC and boot controller and... what?

Comment

Seems I clicked new topic and created a new topic when I didn't want do..heh.. I thought it'd just change the message in the subject line.. sorry guys.

Comment

Working...
              X