Changing an L- to a GL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing an L- to a GL

I have currently started upgrading my 93'L- to a GL with the help of a few good friends and a junkyard. I swapped out the back hatch with one from a GL I found in a junkyard...I couldn't get the power steering unit off of it be for they crushed it...grrr...,but I did swap out a door and upgraded to a back hatch with defrost and a wiper(on a side note it was horrific trying to get the hose through the C pillar, but after I found an electricians wire fisher I was able to pull some string up through the C pillar and over to the center hole at the top of the hatch, then tie the hose to the wire using some Über elaborate knot skills, and pull it through). Now I have a working rear wiper!! Yea me!!...anyhoo I plan on doing an aspire swap when I fix the tranny, are there any other upgrades that you guys would insist on me doing?
    89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

I would say if youre going to make it a TRUE GL then you should read this.

And anything that wouldve been standard on a GL should be on your car. At least then youd have a standard optioned GL. After that I personally would add the things that I wouldve gotten on it if I went to the Dealership and ordered it myself. Because things like the spoiler and stripe dont necessarily mean its a GL. Mine doesnt have either, yet there it is in my drive a 93 GL, no spoiler ,no stripe.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Passenger and drivers power mirrors. Rear spoiler. Cargo cover.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
      X