Wrecked the Sport today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrecked the Sport today

Actually I did not wreck it.....the lady 2 cars behind me did. Not sure how much damage yet but for what it felt like when my car shot forward and my seat broke backward and the stereo and ashtray came flying out of the dash and hit me in the leg.....it is pretty good shape!. The bumper matched perfectly to the BMW that was sandwiched between myself and the Explorer that rearended her. My hatch does not open but without knowing it was in an accident...you really couldn't tell from looking at it. I have no pics yet but they may not really show much anyway. My drivers seat is a differant story....luckily I had another one in the basement that I was able to swap in for the moment.
    As for injuries...... HONESTLY....my lower back immediately started hurting and is pretty damn stiff right now.....even though I signed off on taking the ambulance ride at the time. My head is hurting like I have a headache....which also started right after impact. They said that by waiving the ambulance/hospital trip it did not release her from any liability for injuries. My back basically hurts right where the seat bent backward....not to mention that after all was said and done I had to drive it 30 plus miles doing the gangsta lean while driving home. I was only 5 minutes off work and 2 miles down the road when it happened. I am also recovering from a knee injury from a couple weeks ago that had me using a walker and a can for days and was just starting to feel pretty good but now feels stiffer again. Oh the joy!
    I was so mad when it happened I would not get out of the car to look at the damage and fear of hurting someone until after the police and ambulance were there. The fireman direction traffic was talking to me through the window and I mentioned I was still to mad to get out and look and he walked back and then informed me that it looked like nothing more then a bumper tweak. I was like are you kidding me....as I was trying to stuff the radio back into the console.....I finally had to get out and go back and give the police a statement and that is when I looked and was like OMG, it is not wasted!
    Tomorrow and the next few days will determin where I go from here with the car....sheeeesh.....oh well...**sigh**
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Dude! Thats not good... Glad to hear your ok - But usually it doesn't really start hurting till the day after. Reminds me of a hangover actually.

Best wishes for you and the car.
    1993 Festiva L - B3/Auto

Comment

That sucks, Hey your Festiva took a nice beating and won :p which sounds like my second mma fight when I was cut the 1st round. Thought it was over but dropped the guyin the second. Feelslikes that a bit.

Comment

Here's hoping that when you wake up today you'll feel ok....
        1989 Red L- The Baron
        www.letstalkbeatles.com
        Link to Baron Pics:
        http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
        1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

We can re-build a festy!

None of us are doctors, and even if we were, we couldn't re-build you!

Go to the doc and get checked out.
          A few muscle relaxers might make a big difference now, before they get any worse.

Just glad your OK.

What excuse did the (insert expletive) Explorer driver have?
          Perhaps couldn't handle the cigarette, cell phone, steering wheel, diet coke, and brake all at once!
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

man good thing the bmw was there or it might have been worse.. i hope you aren't seriously Hurt...

Ford Festiva L
            Automatic

Comment

GenevaDirt,
              I'd be interested to know if the Exploder driver was on the phone. Get compensated. Most of all, get well. Sincerely, best to you.
              CZ

Comment

Oh Man!!

Just adding my wishes for you to be ok, and agreeing that you should get thyself to a doc posthaste! With back injuries, what may seem small now might turn into a big problem in the future if not treated properly early on.

Take care of yourself.

Laura Z

Comment

Play it to the hilt and get compensated for that Explorers idiocy. Id be willing to bet it was either talking on the cell phone or looked down at something for a split second. Either way Im sure your neck and back are REALLY bothering you. It falls on the other drivers insurance so make sure you are truly OK.
                  Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                  - Unknown
                  I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                  - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                  - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Glad you seem to be okay, Willie. Hope you stay that way!

I'd be interested in pics of the seat itself. Exactly how did it break or bend? Festivas are reputed to have weak front seating when hit from behind, but I'm not exactly sure in what way.

Karl
                    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Man, that stinks. sorry buddy. Bet wishes.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                        Glad you seem to be okay, Willie. Hope you stay that way!

I'd be interested in pics of the seat itself. Exactly how did it break or bend? Festivas are reputed to have weak front seating when hit from behind, but I'm not exactly sure in what way.

Karl
                        I will get pics today but right above where the seat pivots is where it bent back at, plus it seems like the mechanism that pivots is messed up also. If I release the seat to flop forward it come up to an almost upright position.
                        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                        89L Silver EFI auto
                        91GL Green Auto DD
                        There ain't no rest for the wicked
                        until we close our eyes for good.
                        I will sleep when I die!
                        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

we can rebuild it, we have the technology....

"The Six Million Peso Festiva".....

hope you're ok, man. get some rest!
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by gothguydante View Post
                            man good thing the bmw was there or it might have been worse.. i hope you aren't seriously Hurt...
                            For real. Imagine 2 tons of SUV hitting you.

Get well soon.
                            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Ouch, festivas can be replaced, people can't, so get well soon!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X