what should i take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i take?

hello.... i have an 92GL auto festiva.... what should i all take that is halfway worth saving to put on my next festiva when i find one?
    the alloy wheels are gone... and the engine is blown.... other than that it is kinda all there.....i was thinking the passenger side mirror, the radiator, smooth taillights, mabey the rear wiper? anything else?

The bumper covers and everything else that makes it a GL......that way when you buy an L you can convert it.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

tach/speedo, rear hatch if it has the wper/defrost in working order.
      What is wrong with it that you are parting it out? A new engine would be an easy fix.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

And a five speed swaperoo!
        -1991 Mazda RX-7 Turbo - Large Street port, Megasquirt, GT4088R, Meth injection.
        -1993 Festiva L

Comment

yeah..... it would need an engine, cv joints, a grille, body work ( a tree fell on it but it doesn't look horrid, and it is only on the roof not the rest of the body), and of not to forget the auto to manual swap...oh yeah and wheels..i have access to trannys and engines but not bodies.... do you guys think it is worth it?

Comment

Take every single removable part off of it down to the last bolt and screw. You will thank me later. Its not fun looking that one of a kind piece of hardware, and then paying $25 to have it shipped to you even if you are lucky enough to find someone who wants to remove it just to make a couple of bucks. Save it all !!!
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

If you don't rebuild it, save every piece you can remove!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
              X