Great mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great mpg

The first couple of weeks I was getting around 45 mpg, I tuned her up , plat-plugs, dist cap, rotor button , fresh oil
    , pumped tire up to max. First week after tune up I got 48.4 mpg second week 47.5 mpg . Both weeks included a bit of driving around Owensboro KY and hauling tools such as miter saw, hammers drills etc. . Yesterday I took it on a trip to TN , Actually I sold my rollback, delivered it and drove the car home ( 200+ miles) and IF the gauge is correct I am looking at possibly topping 50 mpg, but will not know for sure till I fill her up today. I drive easy ,hardly exceeding 50 on the first few weeks , yesterday I did hit 55 to 60 on a few occasions.
    PS 1.3 ,5 speed , no air . LOVE THIS CAR:
    Last edited by Darin Younce; 07-25-2008, 06:29 AM.

Yep!

I can't help but smile when I see all those expensive hybrids because I am grateful that I don't have the monthly payment that usually (unless you have the $$$ to pay cash) goes with them.

Plus, I think the Festiva is cuter too!

Comment

^^ It also gets better gas milage
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Ok folks ,My trip was 258miles, took 4.95 gallons which is 52.1mpg!
        Hot Dang I love this car. This trip was mostly two lane roads going thru several small towns, cant wait to see what she will do on interstate driving. Yep, gotta laugh at the Suv's looking down on me and the high price hybrids. BTW I have been saying for some time Ford needs to start building thess cars again , they could sell a million . Today I read in the paper that the Ford plant in Louisville ( I believe) will re tool to build small cars.

Comment

That is awesome (congrats!). I have a 1991GL (auto) with 75K original miles (picked it up off ebay 3 weeks ago). I get 28MPG city (through the hills and bluffs of Vicksburg, MS). I even consider that great mileage for my area. Trust me, when Ford gets those plants cranking out the small cars, they won't be able to make enough, especially if they are designed similar to the European models. The European small car line always had better "car sex" appeal in my opinion. I just love the new little Peugeots. They get 45+ as non-hybrids. They even have a little diesel (207) that gets 62MPG!
          '91 Festiva SS

Comment

thats nice... i live in e-ville not to far from ya... i tend to give it alot of gas and go as fast as i can all the time and mines a auto so i don't get that great of gas mileage but it's still the best i have ever had... and the car is just so freaking amazing...

Ford Festiva L
            Automatic

Comment

Keep the oil fresh and never let it over heat and you'llgo for ever...Thats great

I get 40-45...very little high way driving...and alot of big hills.
              Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
              The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

Evansville is a nice town, love to drive thru the old part of town , lots of nice old homes and the Court house downtown is something else. Now that I know this car is capable of 50 mpg I am going to clean out all the tools to lighten her up and hit the interstate one day just to see what she can really do .

Comment

Originally posted by Darin Younce View Post
                  Evansville is a nice town, love to drive thru the old part of town , lots of nice old homes and the Court house downtown is something else. Now that I know this car is capable of 50 mpg I am going to clean out all the tools to lighten her up and hit the interstate one day just to see what she can really do .

You'll most likely find that mileage isn't as good on the interstate. You'll get your best mileage at around that 55mph range. When I go 75 on the interstate, I only get in the upper 30's.

Comment

Festivas are alive!

Festivas know the price of gas. That is why they give their owners excellent MPG, squeezing the most distance out of each gallon.

Comment

I drive the crap out of mine with the ac on and the boom box pumpin' (no in-dash stereo yet....) and I get 40 all day long!!!

Woot!!!
                      Thirdman
                      1992 White Festiva L - original owner
                      1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

i have a 93 festiva and live in Brighton, CO (where air is a little thinner) and i get 47MPG around town, i love my little car. Course i cut the hatchback off and made it into a little truck which is lighter,
                        Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
                        93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
                        01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

My green 93 auto tranny got 38 mpg this weekend going to Festiva festival!
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

Ive gotten 48.3mpg my last two fillups, and this time Im going for broke. Driving as easy as I possibly can and doing as much engine-off coasting as I can. Unfortunately these cars dont seem to coast as far as heavier cars. If I dont hit 50 somethings up.
                            91GL BP/F3A with boost
                            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

The worst MPG I've gotten over the last 5 tanks was 41.3 and I don't drive mine easy.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                              X