Cheap spoiler: keep or flip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap spoiler: keep or flip?

I managed to snag a spoiler for $80 + shipping.

Considering how much spoilers have been going for on eBay recently (the last two went for $385 and $490), should I keep it for flip it for a profit?

If I flipped it, I would "re-invest" back into my Stinktiva™, possibly towards getting some purty wheels or some other fun thing.

Buuut... I would really like a spoiler. I think it looks "cool", and I am also convinced that it would actually be a functional aerodynamic improvement. (see the Flow Illustrator thread)

What would you do?
    Keep it! They are rare, cool, and functional!
    69.23%
    Flip it! Buy more toys with the profits!
    30.77%
    Last edited by thirdman; 07-30-2008, 06:54 PM.
    Thirdman
    1992 White Festiva L - original owner
    1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

personally i'd keep it, cause when will you find another spoiler that cheap

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

If Its The Only One You Have....keeeeep It!! Lol.if Not Id Sell.

Comment

i personally think they look ugly, so i'd turn it over considering you could get some pretty good profit.

not really sure why people pay such stupid money for those things? wingless looks way better imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
          personally i'd keep it, cause when will you find another spoiler that cheap
          Agreed 100%
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

I was never a big fan of the spoilers either. I say flip it like Flip Wilson.
            Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
            Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
            White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
            White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
            Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
            Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
            Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
            White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

If you like the looks of the spoilers I would absolutely keep it. Damkid is right about finding one that cheap again. If you sell it, you are going to kick yourself in the butt down the road.
              90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
              92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
              94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
              94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                Agreed 100%
                ditto
                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Wow, to me that's a tough question.. i really need the extra $, but I'd really like to have a spoiler too for the DeathEgg. Guess I'd have to flip a coin if I found a cheap one.
                  If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                  Mark S.

Comment

sell it and use the profits for a new spoiler(when you find a new one)plus more upgrades!
                    89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

I would donate it to me :-D

Comment

why not use it to make molds, then reproduce the spoilers for resale. then you could probably make a few thousand $$ lol. you'd have the only game in town. if only they would fit the style of the car a little better, i would have bought one.

Comment

Since you like the spoiler and want one on your car, KEEP IT. If you find another cheap one, then argue with yourself over what to do with it.

Do you really think you'll find another one under $200 now?

Your purchase saved you at least $100; probably a lot more.

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Lol... I'm having the same dilemma.

I approached the owner of a beat up festy that had a spoiler... and offered her 60 bucks for it... She accepted and I took the spoiler and drove off before she had time to change her mind!

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
                              why not use it to make molds, then reproduce the spoilers for resale. then you could probably make a few thousand $$ lol. you'd have the only game in town.
                              Keeping it or flipping it, I do intend to make a 2-part mold of it... it'll only cost a few dollars to do so.

I don't know if I would be comfortable selling them, but I would be MORE than happy to do a detailed write-up on how to build your own for $50ish from home depot parts. Aluminum frame, a-b foam body, melted (via acetone) pvc shell and paint...
                              Thirdman
                              1992 White Festiva L - original owner
                              1993 Green-ish Stinktiva™ L - totaled

Comment

Working...
                              X