Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job

Hey guys,
    I'm in the co-operative education program at my college. Over the course of my 6 semester program, I spend a total of 12 months working at placements. My first placement was Pratt and Whitney Canada, where I worked in the drafting department. Awesome job, I learned a lot there. My second placement was a huge waste of time, and at the complete opposite end of the spectrum in terms of goodness. My third job, which I just got, looks to be particularly interesting. It is what I'd like to do as a career. This shop has built a 650whp Porsche flat-6 turbo powered VW bus, a 3-rotor FC RX7 with a custom designed and built eccentric shaft, to name a few. They are also the sole distributor of Electromotive engine control systems, (TEC series of standalone ECUs) in Canada, and they are also amazing at tuning. Best of all, the manager said "the best thing about this job is that you can bring your own car in and work on it if you want". I hope to be designing and fabricating custom parts for customer cars, as well as getting some Catia design and CNC manufacturing experience. I'm hoping this isn't one of those jobs that I get bored of after a few weeks, it sure as hell doesn't seem like it would.

Check out their site: www.mpsys.ca

VW Bus:

FC RX7:

* Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

wow...

congrats on the job. That looks like it should be both fun and good experience. Teach them the ways of the festiva, I want to see either that 3-rotor or the flat6 in the back of a festy. :twisted:
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

Sounds like a interesting job, welcome to my world.

Comment

How may I get your job? :wink: Congrats that looks amazing.
        Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

sweet job man. my uncle has an old ford van like that. a 65 econoline i think. he painted scooby do on the side of it. its got the origional strait 6 in it tho...cant imagine a 600 hp engine in it tho....that one looks sweet (considering its a VW and not a ford :wink: )
          90 L FI..second B3
          90 L Parts car
          Jay

Comment

Re: New Job

Originally posted by B6T
            Hey guys,
            I'm hoping this isn't one of those jobs that I get bored of after a few weeks, it sure as hell doesn't seem like it would.

Check out their site: www.mpsys.ca
            Boredom is always a possibility as personal interests do not always translate into job satisfaction. You may find in your career you aren't always working on "car" related products. Not a bad thing really, diversification is good.

Is this place doing extensive manufacturing level design and machine work? Or are they quite similar to what we have here,a local import tuner shop that is well-known ( through aggressive advertising ) they can "do it all" when all their suite of capabilities are based around an older Bridgeport retrofitted with CNC and a person with 6-years of Navy experience. :roll:

You entered education for mechanical engineering, it would be smart to see that it goes somewhere with a company that has clout.
            Rich Norman
            5 Festivas:
            1992 L - Daily Driver
            1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
            1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
            1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
            1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

Originally posted by EVOGUN
              Sounds like a interesting job, welcome to my world.

Which is ?

Everyone must be dying to know.
              Rich Norman
              5 Festivas:
              1992 L - Daily Driver
              1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
              1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
              1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
              1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

Working...
              X