X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Festiva on Ebay

Hey guys,

I saw this on Ebay and had a chuckle. http://tinyurl.com/6p7o2q

I don't think he's venting the batteries inside the car either. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you've got that many regular batteries inside the car, you would probably want to vent it to the outside.
    90 Festiva with Brand new B3, 5spd
    92 B6 Festiva, 5spd
    94 Mustang DSS 331, Vortec S-Trim, 5 spd
    94 Mustang GT, stock, automatic

30 miles per charge? (per day) ...no, I take my 42 MPG and not worry about buying 10 batteries in 2-3 years and they run about $200-$250 each!! (deep cycle blu tops) soooooo all the money you saved on gas, you will fork out on batteries. I just donno
    Ski

1986 Ferrari Testarossa
    2002 BMW 745i
    2002 BMW 325i
    1989 BP'd Festi :p

Comment

Originally posted by wrestler3025 View Post
      Hey guys,

I saw this on Ebay and had a chuckle. http://tinyurl.com/6p7o2q

I don't think he's venting the batteries inside the car either. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but if you've got that many regular batteries inside the car, you would probably want to vent it to the outside.
      yes!!! very true!

Comment

All that and it doesn't even have spoiler...

Ford Festiva L
        Automatic

Comment

this car has been for sale on ebay and Craigslist at least 4 times already...
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

$1,000 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT is due within 24 hours. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!(Paypal preferred) Full payment is due within 5 days. I will store the car for up to 30 days so that a shipper can be setup if needed.
            no thanks
            2007 Ford Taurus 23-25MPG
            1976 Chevy Silverado (my toy)
            1951 Ford Deluxe, being rebuilt

Have an old car truck or tractor? Go here.
            http://www.aintperfect.com/

Comment

its a good idea, but i dont like it, i think its how rough its done, and the sewing machine pedal for $3000 i think he should keep it
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
              Paulbarrera12.com
              Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Replace those batteries with those really small but expensive Lipo honda batteries and itd probably be alot better.
                Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
                1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
                2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
                2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
                  Replace those batteries with those really small but expensive Lipo honda batteries and itd probably be alot better.
                  I know someone in the next town who converts ICE to Electric. Think he uses many more batteries. He takes the ICE out, shifts the tranny around & puts quite a few batteries under the hood, getting quite a bit of weight forward. I may convert my Festiva to electric someday, except my Festiva is running immaculate right now(50+MPG).

I'll hold out for Lithium Phosphate(& lower prices) batteries & get the EV builder to put lots of batteries in. But that'll be costly. Our electricity is produced 25 times cleaner than ICE. Plus electric motors are 3 times more efficient than ICE.

Comment

Working...
                  X