HHO Generator discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HHO Generator discussion

I do need extra 30 amps though to power my HHO generator. Hmmmmm, any ideas?
    Ski

1986 Ferrari Testarossa
    2002 BMW 745i
    2002 BMW 325i
    1989 BP'd Festi :p

Originally posted by lasvegascop View Post
    I do need extra 30 amps though to power my HHO generator. Hmmmmm, any ideas?
    Now that's funny!
    But for bang for the buck, I'd go for channling the power of a crystal to release the energy of the universe!
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

wow...extremely funny...ha...ha.............ha
      Ski

1986 Ferrari Testarossa
      2002 BMW 745i
      2002 BMW 325i

Comment

wow...extremely funny...ha...ha.............ha
        Actually, as funny as it is, it not nearly as funny as all the people who buy into the HHO generator, acetone, and other myths!

But, by all means set one up and produce verifable data!
        Your not the first to bring this up!
        However, you could still be the first to give us data instead of lip service!
        No one else has reported back after telling us they're going to run one.
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Very well, I personally have build a small scale HHO generator and in fact it is working and in fact I almost blew up my garage! (kinda sorta) That "myth" as you state is in fact working and needs refining. It takes few $100 to have a real productive Generator going. Yes, I agree, most people do this with "mason jars", "SS wires" etc...the system does not produce enough of the gas. There are car manufacturers right now that have "100% hydrogen" cars out there, so I guess there is somethinf to that "Myth" my friend.

http://alt-nrg.org/ Repost of previous vids, combined two parts down to one. This is the Energy Builders Network prototype cell scheduled to go into producti...

Above is a link to a guy or I should say group of 20 or so people that are successfully producing a great amount of HHO.

And yes, you are correct, to make enough of the gas to supply the car with it on demand is not possible without serious modifications to the engine, BUT, to make one as a booster then YES! If I can get 55 or 60 MPG would you try and do it?

Bottom line is...IT'S NOT A MYTH..technology has been around for for 100 years or so....
          Ski

1986 Ferrari Testarossa
          2002 BMW 745i
          2002 BMW 325i

Comment

Yep, it works, I've seen it with my own two eyes. Two of my friends, who I was sure were going to blow up a great portion of Asheville, started messing with this stuff early this year. At first they made torches that cut paper clips, but they have adapted the tech to work on boosting their cars. One has a 67 VW beetle, stock 1500 single port...now getting 50 mpg around town in the mountains...over a 25mpg increase. The other car is an early 90's cavalier I believe..it didn't work so hot. The computer didn't like that added mixture, ran good for 2 days, then quit. Runs fine after the computer was reset. So yeah, it works...it's not for the faint of heart, and probably better on old carbed cars, but it definitely works. I'll hafta see if they have any vids or data to back it up.
            Donovan

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
            '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
            '68 Mustang Coupe
            '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

Thank you Donovan for the post sir....some people love to state their opinions w/o a 5 minute research into the subject.

But yes, if you don't get an O2 sensor (I call it calibrator) then you will actually get a wore gas mileage. So tell your friend to try that...it's about $60 on eBay

Ski
              Ski

1986 Ferrari Testarossa
              2002 BMW 745i
              2002 BMW 325i

Comment

No Prob man,
                I sent him the info on the O2 sensor. Keep me posted on your build. I'd like to see what kinda #'s you get from a Festy. They've wanted to mod my car...but it's the wife's Daily driver, and I don't really wanna mess with it too much. They don't have any vids up of the car(s), I'll try to prod them along.

Donovan

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
                '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
                '68 Mustang Coupe
                '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

Blowing up a garage is no indication that you have anything working!
                  But you are right about the "refining", it appears your skills in the area of gas containment are in need of some.
                  Please spend sometime reading how to handle hydrogen and likely in close proximity to pure or high concentrations of oxygen!
                  If not, that "almost" will soon approximate unity!
                  Actually, it takes very little money to produce a hydrogen generator.
                  It however, takes considerable amounts of electricity and with a conversion of rate of 11% or less, I'll leave you with the math!
                  Yes, there are car manufacturer that 100% hydrogen fuel cars out there!
                  I suspect you may well be surprised at the cost of those vehicles and I'm sure you wouldn't even consider paying for the hydrogen equivalent to the energy in a tank of gasoline.
                  Surprisingly, that was a nice vid of a working hydrogen generator, which is a far cry from running your car on it.
                  It is NOT modifications to the engine which restrict the use of hydrogen as an on demand fuel but the shear about of energy needed to generate the needed gas.
                  Once again, you are going to need approximately 9x's the energy content of the hydrogen gas produced, just to get enough hydrogen to run the engine, that's not including thermodynamic loss in the engine!
                  If I had that amount of energy available to run a hydrogen generator I'd just run an electric motor directly!
                  I'm assuming by "booster" you mean efficiency enhancement!
                  That MAYBE possible, but I haven't seen data to backup any claims!
                  Please be the first!
                  Actually, I can get 53-54 mpg right now, but if you could prove to me you can get 55-60, I would certainly consider it, but I'll bet the energy drain from the extra draw from the alternator will more than off set and unproven combustion efficiency and BTU's provided by the hydrogen!

Bottom line is an economical hydrogen fueled heat engine IS a myth!
                  We simply do not have an economical means of producing cheap hydrogen!
                  The length of time experimental technology has been around is unrelated to it's eventual, if ever, practical application.

Nothing I've stated above is secret knowledge, it's all in your standard chemistry, physic, and thermodynamic texts.
                  Spend some time with them!

But by all means experiment, but experiment utilizing knowledge and safety!
                  '92 Aqua parts Car
                  '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

....some people love to state their opinions w/o a 5 minute research into the subject.
                    Whoa!
                    Exactly how do you know what time I've spent research anything!
                    You care to post your credentials on this topic?
                    How about anything outside of letting your fingers do the walking on the net?
                    '92 Aqua parts Car
                    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

if you don't get an O2 sensor (I call it calibrator) then you will actually get a wore gas mileage.
                      Ski
                      So by itself, the hydrogen is not capable of "enhancing" squat!
                      So I wonder, what if I just modified an appropriate O2 sensor to force the A/F ratio closer to stoichiometry without generating excessive heat in the cylinders.
                      Maybe, I wouldn't even need a hydrogen generator!
                      Now that's a novel idea!
                      '92 Aqua parts Car
                      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by edudu77 View Post
                        I'll hafta see if they have any vids or data to back it up.
                        Donovan
                        Yeah, I'd like to see the data too!
                        At least you have someone that it's possible to get info from!
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                          So by itself, the hydrogen is not capable of "enhancing" squat!
                          So I wonder, what if I just modified an appropriate O2 sensor to force the A/F ratio closer to stoichiometry without generating excessive heat in the cylinders.
                          Maybe, I wouldn't even need a hydrogen generator!
                          Now that's a novel idea!
                          thats a great idea, probly alot cheaper too. someone should try it, and do a write up.
                          87 rx7
                          92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
                          94 caddi deville
                          99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

It's funny to see these HHO things pop up on forums.

I have a number of 90's Thunderbirds and am quite active on the tccoa.com forum. They pop in there all the time. We are waiting for the proof over there too.

And I am going to try some of the bird alts. I have a few lying around. They look very similar.

Last edited by rbrown; 08-08-2008, 03:03 AM.
                            Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

Originally posted by rancheeto View Post
                              thats a great idea, probly alot cheaper too. someone should try it, and do a write up.
                              Not my idea, or not solely my idea!
                              Me and FB71 kinda knocked it around at the Festiva Festival '08.
                              The issue is as you appoarch the stociometric A/F ratio, peak cylinder temps spike.
                              Which among other things can thermally overload the pistons, valves, and cooling system in general.
                              Not to mention adversely effect emmisions.
                              That said, there are ways to monitor exhaust gas temps for this issue.
                              So you know how close you are to the edge.
                              Additionally, the use of a water injection could let you move even closer to that edge with another increase in performance.
                              All ideas at this point, no hard data!
                              So no better than HHO in that regard, but at least based on well known science and hardware.
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K

In fact...

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                              X