No announcement yet.

I might get a free Mazda 323 (non gtx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might get a free Mazda 323 (non gtx)

*** Ok well 1st off, my car is starting to stumble again, so need to get new plugs,wire, cap and rotor.

Anyways back to the topic.
    Original Post;
    "Parting out a 1987 Mazda 323---new tires, many other great parts--call
    Mike at 234-6151 after 9am and B4 10pm"

Sent a guy a reply about a parts car last month to see what parts were good etc.

He replys the head is bad and in the truck *** but has new tires, brakes, good title, 1 year back reg. and wants 300$ for the whole car.

I figure ahhh no need, so I figure I'd just reply with a nvm.

He replys a few days ago with this

"Would really like to sell as I am getting car from Big Isle ( my mom passed away and left me her Taurus) and don't have room for more cars here at house---if you are interested in the 323, please let me know---call me at 234-6151 and/or come look---head is off and in trunk---many new parts, like all new brakes, were installed just B4 head gasket went bad---new tires all around, new batt (not new anymore!), etc. Good title but 1 yr old reg---best as parts car but could be reassembled and driven---whatever---gotta do something so if you want it, gotta act sooner than later---aloha, Mike"

I reply with this

" I live on the west side and towing would be 200 alone. I could maybe just take it off your hands. if* not, thats ok to."

'
    I fugured he wouldnt reply or say something mean but then i get this 20 mins ago.

"no, car is in front of my house in Kaneohe---OK with me you take it away any way you like--up to you!! It would be easy to self-tow, brakes are good, etc---you can come check it out anytime as I work from home---I'm at 234-6151 (nothing to do w/Big Isle)---Mike"

QUESTIONS
    Am I misunderstanding that its free????
    Are stock 87 rims 14 inch, 13?
    Last edited by collegeboi; 08-14-2008, 04:21 AM.

dang, didnt mean what i thought. he stil wants 300

hmmmmm i might if my mom says ok. probably not.

Comment

that engine will plop right in your festy!!! go get it!!
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

You could flat tow it with the festiva. I have towed heavier cars than a 323 with my festiva. Festivas make great towing rigs especially since they have the hooks to do it.
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

The only problem is where to put it.............. yah i know that engine comes in but what about the head.

Comment

Hey guys, looking at it on Saturday, got as low as 150$, under 100,000 miles before head blew and taken off. Picts to follow.

Comment

Get it if you can and want to do some engine work.

You could fix it up or use the engine in your Festiva. Just depends on how many tools you have and if you have the room.

I believe 1987 323s have the same bolt pattern wheels as a stock Festiva.

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

im running 87 323 wheels and tires. they are 13's. they are festy bolt pattern but I had to temporarily use spacers in the rear due to not clearing the strut. will be remedied when I do my coilovers though. get it!

Comment

Originally posted by 93SOHC View Post
                  im running 87 323 wheels and tires. they are 13's. they are festy bolt pattern but I had to temporarily use spacers in the rear due to not clearing the strut. will be remedied when I do my coilovers though. get it!

so the rear wont work without spacers????????????

Comment

The guy wants 200 but i told him that im willing to give him 150.

its a 323 sedan 1.6i DX, 95,*** miles auto efi(i think)

it has the rings on the wheels as well as the mazda hubcaps but missing 1.

heads in the trunk, looks bronze so i dont know, piks to come soon.

Comment

that head bothers me, i got two engines from the junkyard, both runners, that ended up having damaged journals in the head and cracks in the crank nose, making them unuseable once i tore them down, id check that head over real close and the block for damage, so far ive yet to find a decent b6 for myself here in southern cali.
                      is not sposed ta do that...
                      05 subaru legacy gt
                      1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                      1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

yah thats why im nervous about it

Comment

GOT THE CONFIRMATION TODAY

OK---U TOW and give us $150---we give you everything and title, etc.

Give me a call B4 U come over---I'll meet you out front and give you keys,
                          etc.

Aloha, Mike

Going to think about it for a few days.

Comment

for $150, don't think about it too long, it might not be there later....
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Well all of a sudden there are deals comming from everywhere, theres a 323 hatch at the junkyard with low milesa thats imma check out 2day.

Comment

Working...
                              X