made a gauge bezel today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made a gauge bezel today

so today some friends stopped by and we where going through my box of parts for the festiva and my buddies helped me make a gauge bezel for the festiva. it took about 2 hours mainly due to not haveing the right tools. im going to mount the gauges in the cubie hole its kind of a bad spot because its hard for me to see i just want to get them wired up though to help trouble shoot some problems with the car stumbling so i figured i can keep an eye on the fuel pressure to make sure its not the fuel pump. any other ideas on what to use or wear to mont gauges? i may or may not get rid of my climate controls i would like to have heat to help and keep the car a little cooler if needed. i was thinking of maybe doing some kind of fiberglass pods onto of the dash?

I don't mean to butt in. From the pictures, I can't tell if your fuel pressure gage is a remote type that uses a sensor/transducer in the engine compartment. I'd have a little discomfort with a pressurized fuel line running past the firewall into the cockpit. The operative word here being *firewall.*

Comment

haha it is a an electric type eventully i want all my gauges to be electric i just have a fear of lines breaking and causing problems so ill go the electric route, its fairly an easy hook up, the one where you see a nipple is the boost that one does have a line for now till i get the money for better gauges

Comment

check out my set up. im sticking 2 more on top of the steering column and then 3 down in my auto console. i have the 3 holes cut in the conlole, just no gauges, the are $$$.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Holy gauge pod batman!!
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

lol^ its the mother of all gauge pods... i was going to do 6 but it was about a inch to short

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

what did you use to make that pillar pod? i was going to take one off the shelf and try to use a heat gun to contur it?? mine looks like a cheap piece of sheet metal compare to yours show off!! jk

Comment

i used some 3" pvc piping for the long tube and some 2" pvc for the things where the gauges sit. then smoothed it all over with some bondo. i am probly going to try and make a new mold and make some better ones out of fiberglass, the one ive got is kind of hard to see the bottom gauge, but a little diffrent placement would fix that.

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                X