The New Festy 2010??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Festy 2010??

I've been reading bits and pieces about the "new Festiva" that will hit the US market in 2010. That said every piece has some hint that Ford is trying to decide whether to call it the Festiva or the Fiesta. I know I'm only getting a piece of the puzzle. What's the scoop you're hearing:?:
    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
    '02 F-150 Supercrew
    '02 Excursion 4x4
    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

I hear its the Fiesta and will be made in Mexico. I think they are building them in Germany also.
    Last edited by freshtiva; 08-17-2008, 04:34 PM.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Here are a couple of links

pictures

View detailed pictures that accompany our 2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec S article with close-up photos of exterior and interior features. (2 photos)
      Last edited by freshtiva; 08-17-2008, 04:40 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

What's the connection between the Festiva and the Fiesta? The history of the two cars is quite different (or least I think they are). I've seen the two names interchanged in a couple of articles?
        '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
        '02 F-150 Supercrew
        '02 Excursion 4x4
        '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

A lot of people get the names mixed up.
          sigpic

Comment

Sign me up, I just got an 08 Focus Coupe, but I would gladly trade it for one of those.
            Steve GT

Comment

Lots of people call my car a Fiesta, not a Festiva, so yeah, people mix up the names.

Some people remember the Fiesta from when they imported them way back when, and I think that some people think they stopped building them, which is of course not so; they just stopped bringing them here.
              Even the previous gen (before this new version) was pretty cool.
              If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
              Mark S.

Comment

Who cares... the only thing they woiuld have in common would be the name
                89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                RIP 90LX

Comment

your point being......?
                  If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
                  Mark S.

Comment

i dont want to see another car with the festiva name on it, id ruin the cars image in the same way the new mini wrecked the image of the old mini.

new mini can be had stock with 18 inch wheels and weighes nearly 2700 pounds, to me its your average compact hatch but with no overhangs

original mini could fit inside the new mini and weighed around 1400 pounds, i think, anything bigger than a 12 inch wheel would require a sawsall to be fit, and with a tuned 1300cc cooper motor and decent tires itll outrun anything

if they made a new festiva id be the same deal, i dont want it.
                    is not sposed ta do that...
                    05 subaru legacy gt
                    1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                    1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheel View Post
                      What's the connection between the Festiva and the Fiesta? The history of the two cars is quite different (or least I think they are). I've seen the two names interchanged in a couple of articles?
                      From what I know, it started with the Fiesta, which was sold also in Europe. Then we got the successor of the Fiesta, the Festiva, which was sold as the Mazda 121 and Kia Pride to our eastern friends while the Fiesta was still produced, on a different platform. I think that what we'll be having here is the newest generation of Fiestas, which has nothing to do with the Festiva anymore. But I used to work with an Alzatian once (from what I understand, it's on the border of France and Germany) and he told me he used to have a 2000-something Fiesta 16-valve, and kept telling me how it used to kick @$$, so if the new Fiesta is half as good as he convinced me they are, they should be really nice cars...
                      The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Another small ford we wont get

Earlier this week, we got the first unofficially official look at the 2009 Ford Ka, the biggest little thing to hit the Ford lineup in years. Today we get an unofficially official look at its tail-end and the center stack, albeit in small-image fashion. Worry not though, as it seems everything is going according to…

specs

Last edited by freshtiva; 08-22-2008, 05:09 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

i want those rim's,......i hear they are 14'.....I was sent a e-mail from a friend in croasia,....he's got alot of buzz over their about it .............
                          you want to blend in?, drive a honda
                          92l festy car, original owner.
                          2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
                          1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

lol it looks funny... but id drive it.
                            i also want those rims, i wonder what lug pattern they are.
                            87 rx7
                            92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
                            94 caddi deville
                            99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

the one and the same! (aspire) that is,....from what i'm told
                              you want to blend in?, drive a honda
                              92l festy car, original owner.
                              2008 xls mitsubishi outlander
                              1987 nissan diesel truck

Comment

Working...
                              X