14 rims for 150$ PICTURES INCLUDED.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 rims for 150$ PICTURES INCLUDED.

DOES THE SECOND ONE ( GOLD) LOOK LIKE BIRD DODO OR CURB, I QUOTED HIM "They are unmounted and never used. Dis buggahs Cheap."

Here is a pic of one of the GTX factory wheels. (14 x 5.5, 4 x 4.5 pattern) It turns out there are two full sets and two spares. 10 total. (I had a set in the weeds I'd forgotten about!) 6 would come with something to roll on. You would get to have two sets of tires mounted and balanced all the time. Street and dirt? All need TLC for show. All are straight and run true to my knowledge. (No accidents except curbing at Foodland!) The set I forgot has old Victorracer R-compounds that aren't well suited to the street (Hate standing water) and I'll likely mount up on a set of the Daisy wheels for a little bashing during Fun Runs at autocross, unless you want to feel real rubber underneath. IIRC, one is starting to cord on the inside shoulder so shouldn't Ever go in front and then used for but a few sessions to learn what even tired R-compounds do differently (they STICK!). Tech Inspection won't pass that one if they notice it. (Black Shoe Goo??) Mixing Rs in front with street tires in back makes even a GTX a scary loose drifter. Tail out everywhere. Like I said, I think there are 4 bolt covers somewhere, but wouldn't bet money on it.
    The second shot is a set of 4 AME (American) 14x6 rims with 4 x 4.5 bolt pattern and what seem right offset for a GTX. They are unmounted and never used. Dis buggahs Cheap.
    The last are my favorites. 15X6, again with GTX bolt pattern and proper offset. The tires on them are 70% tread but sat flat for too long and probably massive flat spotting. I loved the look on the GTX but had to use 14s in autocross to stay in stock class, so they sat. There is a mostly used up set of 4 unmounted Victorracer R-compounds in the storage in 15" that are old and hard. Not all that much sticker than really expensive street tires! They wouldn't last many miles, but are a Blast, once you heat them up, if you have the brains not to use the performance on public roads where idiots and cops are around Every corner, and water and mud right where a car really doesn't want to spin. Track use toys!
    All the wheels except the red BBRs Need a good bead blasting, and paint for the AMEs. The BBRs could use detailing and paint if you aren't going to dirt them, and like doing that stuff. In the dirt the narrower 14s usually work better as they dig in more. On pavement, all the rubber you can fit in the fender, and afford! New light, wide rims and sticky tires cost what a good GTX does, so I like the stockers fine. Tradition, not Bling-bling. Azenis are cheap and come in 14" ($70?) and 15". Best street rubber going for the buck.
    On Aug 18, 2008,

** i know not the reds because 15.

just wanted to share
    Last edited by collegeboi; 08-18-2008, 10:47 PM.

The gold ones look like they have some sort of oxidation, or cracking of the clearcoat....could always be bird poop though!
    "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

It's aluminum rust, corrosion. You can see the tracks. Looks like worms crawled on it.
      Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

could it be cleaned out.

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboi View Post
          could it be cleaned out.
          Yeah but you would lose the gold paint.
          Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

DEAL IS SET, all 14 for 140$, going to pick up this weekend

Comment

14 rims for 150$ PICTURES INCLUDED.

Well after tuition, books, and clothes. i only have 150 left so i might pick this up.

Comment

I want a set of GT/GTX wheels.

=[

Comment

Dang, that's a crazy deal!
                  "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Nice deal. Keep the gold ones, one set of the others and sell the rest.
                    Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                    '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                    '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I want the red ones.!

Comment

Yess... Red ones
                        Of course the red makes it go faster..

Comment

brah! those BBR ia a bank..

Comment

Working...
                          X