New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy

Hi yall. I am new to the site and am looking into buying an 88 festiva. I didn't see any sticky's that give info about the car so I was curious if anyone had some website links I could check out to learn more?

Anyway, there is an 88 Festiva I am looking at w/108k, air conditioning, 4 speed manual transmission, and a new clutch. That is all I know so far and the guy is asking $1,000. Is it a deal? Are these cars fairly reliable? I basically want to know if it will last... I am driving a 78 bronco around town and its getting 7mpg. I figured I would look into getting a little gas-saver and since I am a die-hard ford guy, the festiva appealed to me. Can someone school me on these little machines?

Thanks, Jeff

well if you're a diehard ford guy then make sure you don't look very far into the festiva's history and find out that its really a rebadged mazda 121, assembled in a korean kia plant (also sold overseas as the kia pride)... oops, I just told you the history. :lol:

But to answer your questions, depending on the condition of the vehicle: does it run well, does the AC work, hows the body, any rust? If everything looks good then $1000 is probably a decent price. And yes, these are very durable cars. And as far as schooling on these cars, just poke around this site a bit. If we stickied every thread about festivas, then the whole site would be stickies. Sometimes you gotta just dig a little, or in this case here, just scratch the surface a bit, you'll find the info your searching for.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

as long as it's in good shape $1000 is a fare price, and welcome to the site!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

thank you! I will be taking a look at it sometime this week. Here is a picture the guy sent me. Not very good but it should give you an idea.

Comment

Looks like it's in good shape. Go for it!
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Working...
          X