I Hate Work !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Work !

I quit my last job because of the insane hours and work schedule. I found a nice one last year that worked out with my personal life. So I jumped ship after 12 years with General Mill. Been at my new job a little over a year.

Was called in last night and told that we are going to 12 hour rotating shifts and mine will be from 7PM to 7AM ...... for ever !!! Just my days off will change.

Holy crap. Plus I only get one guy to help me, the new guy thats been here 3 weeks and has been hurt twice !
    Last edited by NovaSS; 09-10-2008, 12:51 PM.
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

FOREVER??

Do you at least get a nightshift bonus?
    It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

That sucks!!
      1986 Comp Prep SVO Mustang(1 of 83) Four cylinder turbo! (Think first Fox body "R" model!)
      1995 F-150 Extra Cab and it was free!
      1991 Festiva L, Surf Blue with A/C
      1995 Jeep Cherokee 2wd 5 speed 4.0 and it was free!
      1993 Aqua Festiva and it was cheap!
      1994 Brake Swap and it was cheap!
      1969 Ford F100 Big Block Ranger and it was free! (coming 2/12)

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Is it at least a short week? Or do you have to work 5 12's?
        1988 p.o.s. (228,000 and still going)

Comment

ouch , i feel your pain when i go offshore for rig shutdowns we work 12 to 18 hours a day for a week to 3 weeks, its brutal, i also worked 4 on 4 off for a year, if you get stuck on a night where everything is down or youre slow it can be torture, the clock never seems to move. hope you can find some better hours man
          is not sposed ta do that...
          05 subaru legacy gt
          1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
          1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

Working...
          X