adding the Fiesta to the board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding the Fiesta to the board

There not much going on with the old model of the Fiesta but with the new one coming out it MAY be a big hit and these guiys will want to go somewere and get online and talk/ chat/ upgrade the thing. How about adding the old and new Fiesta to the forum ?
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Here is my opinion. And you know the saying about opinions. It is such a different car that it does not belong grouped in with the Festivas. As I have seen many times, any member can post here about any thing they drive. All seemed to be welcome. My only real issue with it is the added name confusion between the two products. How many times has a newbie (Me) posted my fiestas brakes are frozen or something similar. I think they would at least have to have there own forum area to cut down on some of this.
    Jm2C

Eric
    Blue 1989 Festiva L 1.3 carb 160K+, Aspire 5spd, Aspire swap, Tach, Added A/C, Intermittent wipers.
    Aqua 1991 Festiva L 1.3 FI 200K+, 5spd, Aspire swap, tach, Intermittent wipers.
    Green 1995 Aspire 1.3 FI 95K (RIP Saved my 18yo sons life)

Comment

Yeah we don't share anything with them. Maybe we could have a sister forum for it, because there may end up being parts we can use from the new ones once we get to tear them apart.

Comment

i think the only thing we have in common with is that it the name starts with an F, has a EST in the middle and ends with an A. The US version will probably be offered with the same 2.0 engine in the focus, and it will probably even be called something along the line of a "Focus Hackback". I mean you can even get it in a 4 door, and unless im mistaken a festiva was never offeren in a 4 door, in the US anyways. We have TON's more in common with the Ka, small, 2 door, very economical, sporty, and it even looks like a festiva. If you put festiva badges on it, it would easily pass for a festiva modernized. The fiesta is not a modernized festiva, ford also came out with a car in 1976 and is still sold to this day all over the world except for in of course in the US that was/is called a fiesta. What it had in common with festiva was that it was small and economical and had a ford badge on it, but, unlike the festiva, it was all built in house by ford with ford engine in it. So u can this new fiesta is nothing new, its just a new ford fiesta, nothing in common with our beloved festiva. NOW, if kia comes out with a new Pride, or mazda comes out with a new 121, that is what i would be excited about.
        (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
        95k Original miles
        New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

or ford returned the festiva!
          89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
          92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
          New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

A "sister" board for the Fiesta might make sense, in the same sense we could have one for the Kia Rio or Mazda 3. They are different cars with mostly different lineages.

Now if Ford brings out another Festiva, or Mazda a 121, or Kia a Pride or Avella, then yes, let's do it (unless the new version is significantly different in size and utility, ie. the "New Beetle" or "New MINI" yuck).

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by piratewilly View Post
              i think the only thing we have in common with is that it the name starts with an F, has a EST in the middle and ends with an A. The US version will probably be offered with the same 2.0 engine in the focus, and it will probably even be called something along the line of a "Focus Hackback".
              No. The 2010 Fiesta is based on the Mazda2, which comes with 1.6L engine.

We have TON's more in common with the Ka, small, 2 door, very economical, sporty, and it even looks like a festiva.
              That's because the Ka IS an updated Aspire.

NOW, if kia comes out with a new Pride, or mazda comes out with a new 121, that is what i would be excited about.
              see the first response
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

yea...fiesta not a festiva. not sure what id do with it if i had a forum. i will be looking at one once they come available here.
                is not sposed ta do that...
                05 subaru legacy gt
                1991 nissan nx2000(almost awesome as a festiva, my first failed mtx)
                1988(?) festiva LX 5spd (rescued from crusher,aspire swap done, working on turbocharging the 1.3...)

Comment

"That's because the Ka IS an updated Aspire."

The KA is based on the old Fiesta platform, and is effectively an old Fiesta with a different body. They used the old pushrod engine long after it was discontinued in the Fiesta I believe.

Comment

The only reason they are different is because while we got forgotten about when they dropped the aspire, they kept it(europe among others) and have only been updating it like any car model would in the span of 10 years or so. If we had the car all these years it would probobly be on the board right now. If it was 1993 and the new aspire was comming out the next year what would we think then. We wouldnt know much was interchangeable. All we would know is maybe the engine is the same size, which in fact the 1.3 is still available in the new 121.
                    If you sit back and look at this, it is almost scary how much it is like the 121/festiva story. Mazda has a car that has been in europe for a few years. Ford needs the same type and a few cosmetic changes and bam! Fiesta!
                    OK im ranting now. One more thing, FB71 is right about the based on the Mazda 2 thing but the Mazda 2 comes with a 1.3, 1.5 and a 1.4 diesel in Europe. The Fiesta will come with a 1.6 because the current Fiesta(see ford australia or New zealand) has that motor. If the Mazda variant hits our shores it will probobly have the 1.5

-Scott
                    Aqua 93 L
                    Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                    White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Let them start their own board,all we'll have in common is Fords name.
                      Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                      99 Dodge Caravan SE
                      95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                      94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                      78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                      78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                      03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                      95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                      95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                      95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

I think we will stick to Festiva's and Festiva related cars.
                        Brian
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                        :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by Bathtub Tom View Post
                          "That's because the Ka IS an updated Aspire."

The KA is based on the old Fiesta platform, and is effectively an old Fiesta with a different body. They used the old pushrod engine long after it was discontinued in the Fiesta I believe.
                          the KA we had at our (Ford's) vehicle research center, or "X-car garage" in Dearborn had what was clearly an Aspire based unibody. However, yes, it did have the old Kent 1.6L pushrod engine.
                          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Yhis is what we call the KA on this side of the pond:

Comment

yup, that's it. The one we had in the X car garage was a wee bit different.
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

Working...
                              X