Stock Festiva @ Dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Festiva @ Dyno

Hello ppl, now i own a 1991 Ford Festiva GL, so i get it to the Dyno, to see what it got...

The results:
    Ford Festiva GL 1991
    Max Power: 53.24whp @ 4800rpms
    Max Torque: 71.54 @ 2500rpms

Video:

B3 FTW!! :lol: :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Nice !!
      ------------------------------------------------
      The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
      Smart Passion white with H-D interior
      HD2500 Duramax Chevy
      Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
      Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
      Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
      Z28 LS1 power 500 +
      90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
      It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

max tq @ 2500... does that say something about how restrictive the stocker is!!
        ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
        91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
        1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
        2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

nope, just shows what the cam is built for...

when i dynoed Scrappy, i was 92 lB/ft @ 2900 with the stock cam, intake and carb. running a B6 with head work and full exhaust. and i was pulling in 4th gear.

those #s are not out of hand at all.
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

It's listed as a Fiesta in the video, maybe you should edit that.

Comment

Wow, not bad! I thought it would have had more driveline losses than that. Do I remember correctly or do most FWD cars lose about 15hp from driveline drag? Then again, with that tiny transmission, there's not much to take away power! Nice torque figure too, just 11ft/lbs less than a 16 valve Swift GT!!!
              The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket View Post
                Wow, not bad! I thought it would have had more driveline losses than that. Do I remember correctly or do most FWD cars lose about 15hp from driveline drag? Then again, with that tiny transmission, there's not much to take away power! Nice torque figure too, just 11ft/lbs less than a 16 valve Swift GT!!!
                its not an exact amount of hp u loose, its a percentage, and it depends on a lot of things, fwd, rwd, awd, automatic, manual, all those things contribute, but usually its about a 15-20% hp lose from the engine to the wheels, so whatever a car says it makes i usually will figure 20% lose through drivetrain, that way if its more when i actually do dyno it im pleased.

For example this car:
                stock: 63 hp
                dyno: 53.24 hp
                lose: 18.3%

Thats why u see cars like the new ford Shelby that claims 500 hp, but when people go dyno them there actually putting out closer to 400-425 to the wheels. I work where there is a dyno and i see it ALL the time. The only car i have seen consistently dyno at or above manufactures stock HP rating is the 2003-2005 Dodge neon SRT-4. Im guessing that if they would have gone with the engine hp rating in stead of the wheel they would have had issues with insurance or something to that affect and they were trying to keep cost down.

What im get out of this vehical is that the engines are pretty well built. Its 17 years old and still puts out what it came with from the factory. FESTIVA'S FTW
                Last edited by piratewilly; 09-16-2008, 02:29 AM.
                (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
                95k Original miles
                New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

is yours 5 speed or auto?
                  87 rx7
                  92L starsky and hutchstiva bp swap, aspire swap, side pipes(tranny swap on the way)
                  94 caddi deville
                  99 f250 LD 4x4 12 inch lift on 38s

i need more festies.

Comment

My festiva is 5 speed manual, i think i can get more hp from it, with better spark-plugs, the dynoman told me that im having a spark problem, and im a little poor of gas, but with a Apexi SAFC, tha sparkplugs, a CAI, and a complete exhaust, i think i can get at leas 70whp and 90lb/ft of torque.

BTW, this car is running a 88octane Gasoline, this is the better in here...

Comment

Working...
                    X