weber 32/36 chokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weber 32/36 chokes

ok i'm not sure this is the right place for this, but here goes anyway. i was looking at the weber carbs and noticed that they have three different kinds of chokes-- mechanical, electric, and water-something (cant remember). just wondering, what do these three mean? thanks!
    89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
    92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
    New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Mechanical is just like it sounds. You have a push/pull button inside the car. Which you close after shutting off car. Then when you start it and it warms up you open up the choke. An Electrical does the same thing except it has power and as the spring that holds choke closed warms it "relaxes" allowing choke to open. A water chokes works in the same manner except it actually uses water lines from your radiator and as the water warms up again, if I read correctly a spring relaxes allowing choke to open. I dont think a water choke would be a good choice for a Festiva especially in winter.

If any of this is wrong any of the car gurus can feel free to correct me.
    Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
    - Unknown
    I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
    - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
    - Bumper Sticker

Comment

thank you! thats kinda what i figured, but i wasnt sure. so the electric is fully automatic?
      89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:

Comment

I would say so yes.
        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
        - Unknown
        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

A Weber 32/32 with an electric choke is what was recommended from Roger at FMS for a B3. The 32/36 may be a little too much carb for your car.

Michael
          Have owned 9 so far
          White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
          Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
          Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
          Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
          Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

meaning it would run too rich? i'm not about to buy one or anything, i'd have to work out an adapter before that, my car is a dd. i've got a '80 ford courier with a great running carb, and i was thinking about trying to adapt that to my '88s intake. might be a little bit of overkill as the courier is a 2.0 (i think), but at least it would make the 88 run better (it runs like crap now).

Comment

Working...
            X