Got my struts changed today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my struts changed today

My dad came out today to give me a hand changing the bad struts on the Aspire. It took like 2 1/2 hours just to REMOVE the right rear strut, then only another 20 minutes to put it back in. A bolt that holds the bottom was seized of course. We had to use a pencil grinder, an angle grinder and 2 grinder discs, an electric impact gun and a propane torch in order to get the seized bolt out. The front strut was out and the junkyard one installed in less than 20 minutes. Thank god the bolts on that weren't seized. Those 2 struts I got at the junkyard are good and I only paid 30 bucks for the pair. The front end rides really nice now but the rear end seems to hit a bit hard, maybe it's because there's like no weight over the rear wheels plus the fact that I've got every plastic piece in the trunk removed and just laying in a heap behind the rear seats. Now I've just got one little problem left with my reverse lights. Is there a switch on the Aspire's ATX gearshift that turns the reverse lights on when the gearshift in put in reverse? I can put the car in reverse but the lights don't come on. If I jiggle and beat on the gearshift, they usually do come on, but I don't like it that way, and neither would the mechanic at the garage where I'm taking the car for it's safety inspection tomorrow. Is there something down by the gearshift I can adjust so the reverse lights will come on properly?

Rear struts

Wow, thats weird. I haven't checked out the site in a while, ive been too busy, but today, I came to remove the passenger side rear strut, from my parts car, and its IMPOSSIBLE to remove that damn bolt. I tried to remove it from my good car too, same, SEIZED. I've been spraying it with Liquid Wrench for 2 days now, maybe a dozen times. With about 4 different attempts to remove the bolt.

How can I remove it, without damaging the bolt, so I can put it back in, and i dont want it to break... THat would be worse. I don't care about the parts car, it can break. Its parked underground, its got next to nothing left on it now, and Im moving in 2 months, and im gonna leave it behind HAHA They can have the frame. Good luck taking it out when you can't bring anything taller than 7 feet tall in, and it's on the second level down LOL If anyone wants it, they can come get it. Anyway, any tips would help!
    I'm here to learn... Teach me

Comment

Working...
    X