Latest MPG Calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest MPG Calculations

I've finally driven the Festy (Pud) long enough to shake off any bugs and barnicles left on it from sitting for over a year. New O2 sensor, cleaned up the fuel system with a few bottles of Marvel Mystery Oil in it, per label instructions of course. So last tankful I decided to keep a careful eye on the MPG calc. Admittedly I drove more conservatively than usual, never above the speed limit, often a tick below.

It is a 92 EFI 5 speed, non-AC, 104k miles. Last tank through yielded ~50.5 MPG, no kidding. I doubt I will sustain that since it's painful to drive so cautiously (not to mention downright scary with everyone angrily passing), but that nice number was sure good to see. I re-did the math 5 times and that's definitely what it got last tankful.

BTW even if I drive at or above the speed limit, people still pass me angrily. Other drivers hate these small cars, likely out of jealousy.
    Remember "I" before "E", except as in Budweiser.

I revel in their hatred!!!
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

people usually dont pass me at all... :lol:
      89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
      http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
      92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
      New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

They can have their 6 to 15 mpg, Ill take my 48+
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Do what Stefan does

But a bumper sticker that says "If guns cause crime, Mine must be defective" in the window.

He told me people've kept off his ass ever since! LOL

Comment

Working...
          X