Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new festiva (56K killer)

Hey everyone,

I recently got a new festiva, so I am officially back into it thanks to V8festiva. This is going to be a good story for the festivaphiles on here.

Some may know that I had been trying to get rid of my capri on here (in vain). After getting tired of not being able to get rid of it I posted "I'll trade it for a festiva" in a weak attempt to get a car with good gas mileage. Well it didn't take too long for V8festiva to post up that he had a car he was willing to trade me for it. It was quite a fast response and V8 and I had pretty much got the deal sealed before the night was over. We talked about a couple of different cars he had. One with a nice sunroof and another red one, but he wanted to make sure that I was happy and told me I could pick pretty much any car I wanted out of his group. V8 told me that he had quite the selection so I would have plenty of option. Well I was supposed to go down there a couple weeks ago but Hurricane Ike made gas prices jump so high I just couldn't spend that much more on gas to get up to where he was at.

Luckily, gas prices stabilized and we made the trip. It was quite the feat. I towed my Capri with my Cherokee and I didn't realize how heavy the Capri really was. But the Cherokee is a hoss and it pulled it fine but it did try to suck my tank dry. When me and my girlfriend arrived at V8's house, I was taken back by their hospitality and willingness to show me what festivas and other auto goodies he had. We also met V8's close friend Sam.1956. We hadn't even left his house and already he had showed me more festivas than I had seen sitting in one place in person. I could tell this day was going to be freaking awesome. Well once we looked at all the cool stuff at his house. V8 was kind enough to give me a B3 with about 65K on its clock to put in any festiva I choose just so I would have a good motor. After that, it was time to go to "The property".... sweet.

We left out of V8's house with a empty tow dolly and large eyes and drove a long time and a long way to a undisclosed and top secret, hush hush location. We left the highway to get onto a nearly invisible trail into the woods which brought us into a place I shall dub "Festiva Meadows". Now I am not at liberty to discuss WHERE this place is and/or EXACTLY what I saw. But what I will tell you that it was amazing. We all checked everything out and hung out for a while, it was a good time. After having my choices laid out before me I made my decision and got a new festiva. V8 gave me the hook-up.

So I want to say thank you V8festiva for all that you did. I also want to say thanks Sam.1956 for all the help. It was great to meet both of you and you guys made it a very memorable experience.

Also, if there is anybody who has the madness, festiva madness, it is V8festiva!

On with the pictures!!!

Here is the car I traded for my festy.

Here me and Sam are trying to figure out what to do.... what to do with all the awesome!

Here is me and Sam trying to fanangle my new gem onto the trailer.

Again,

And here we are going home with the prize!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the festiva before any cleaning or work

And here it is after some cleaning and the installing of some of the goodies that V8 gave me

Sweet cargo net with the factory hooks

Nice cargo light

A nice set of smoothie taillights, also courtesy of V8

The factory installed white faced tach cluster (yummy)

Here is some pics of the little amount of work I have done to it so far

The motor is trashed

Check out what came out of the radiator!!! No worries, I have another motor. Hopefully I won't have to use the B3 that V8 gave me, I am trying to get a B6-??

Grody!

Here are some goodies I picked up from the jy today.

And here is a little work done just because I can't leave the car alone

I'm hooked.

Oh yea....

and here is a little of the history of KFR.

My first festiva. I can't remember the year or anything. I never even got to drive it. It was trashed but I had caught the bug. I bought it off of a guy I used to know, he was also a member here. This one went to the crusher after I got fed up with not being able to find a wiring harness for my b6t.

and then my last one. It was as base model as you could get. It had nothing! But I loved it. I never did anything to it besides change out the head because of a cross-threaded plug. I also had a parts truckstiva at the same time. Silver, had a lot of options that I yanked for my blue one "smurf". After I had stripped the silver one I wrapped a come-a-long around all the roof pillars and pinched the roof into a mushroom shape, then off to the crusher. My blue one eventually sold to "ebreedlove" on here. He seems not to post much at all.

My blue one was in great shape and all factory. I was sad to get rid of it. But I think my new red one bests all the festivas I have had yet.

Comment

Looks real good! BTW Just how many Festivas were there?
      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
      - Unknown
      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Super Sweet, KFR!!! I smell a Festiva of the Month coming up for you!!
        1989 Red L- The Baron
        www.letstalkbeatles.com
        Link to Baron Pics:
        http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
        1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
          Looks real good! BTW Just how many Festivas were there?
          I can't pin down an exact number for respect of V8's privacy, lol. However you can tell there were more than 10 based on some of the photos.

Originally posted by Sparky View Post
          Hopefully I will have some sweet mods coming up soon.

Comment

i was thinking the same thing, the story you just told you could copy/paste as an entry for FOTM, By the Way if you still have that B6T i do have a spare wiring harness

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              i was thinking the same thing, the story you just told you could copy/paste as an entry for FOTM, By the Way if you still have that B6T i do have a spare wiring harness
              Man I wish I still had it. Actually, I might. I left it in arkansas when I moved here. I will find out and let you know.

What parts do I need to copy and past into the FOTM? This thread has a lot of content so I dont want to gum up the FOTM thread. I will have a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by KrayZFrameRate View Post
                Man I wish I still had it. Actually, I might. I left it in arkansas when I moved here. I will find out and let you know.
                sounds good to me, the harness i got is from a 323 GT

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  sounds good to me, the harness i got is from a 323 GT
                  surprisingly that is what the motor is from too.

Comment

Wheres the battery in the clean engine bay pik?

Comment

Nice! You were lucky Dean didn't blindfold you on the way to the secret location!
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

I bet he has the Festiva Amelia Erhart crashed in the Pacific, and the Edmund Fitztiva, not to mention the Festiva that crashed in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.
                        Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                        Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                        White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                        White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                        Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                        Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                        Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                        White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Edmund Fitztiva
                          hahahahaha! Sung about by Gordon Lightfoot....hmmmmm.
                          1989 Red L- The Baron
                          www.letstalkbeatles.com
                          Link to Baron Pics:
                          http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                          1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

hahahahaha! Sung about by Gordon Lightfoot....hmmmmm.
                            Gordon Lightfoot is in concert here tonight. (Cleveland)
                            Brian
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                            :fish:

Comment

^^lucky...id be all over that. One of my favourite artists

-Scott
                              Aqua 93 L
                              Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                              White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Working...
                              X