Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is useable on a 92 mazda 323 with a bad trans auto????
    Anything for a Festiva:thumbup::thumbright:

The B6 engine, possibly the outside mirrors (with some fitting), the wheels (4 X 100mm I believe), the steering wheel, inside door handles and window cranks & trim rings, various small engine compartment parts, bolts, nuts, fittings, etc.

What is NOT usable:

The ECU is a three plugger, so it won't work for engine swaps (we need the two-plugger from a manual 323 of '90 to '94 vintage).

Most of the interior "goodies" such as dash clocks, intermittant wiper stalks, etc. are to be found on the older versions from '86 to '89 of 323s and Mercury Tracers. If you find a 323 DXi (or whatever the top model was called) strip the thing of the goodies! Also, the seats from older Tracers were really nice, with driver's lumbar adjustment and a right side underseat tray (smaller than the Festiva though). I have a pair but they will need fabrication to put in a Festiva, which I haven't done yet.

Also, the B6 engines from the older model 323/Tracer had the air pipe over the valve cover like the B3, while the later models had it going to the left side. There are other minor head and valve cover differences between the earlier and later engines, though the blocks should be the same.

FWI, I've done one engine swap of a '94 323 into my '93GL and I have another '94 engine in my garage, so I'm not as familiar with the early B6, though I've seen plenty in 'yards.

Since you're in Canada, some of what I'm describing may not apply.

Karl
    Last edited by Safety Guy; 09-26-2008, 12:33 AM.
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I am in the same boat haha, dang, the ecu doesnt work haha

Comment

Working...
      X