B6 in a protege?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 in a protege?

At the town junkyard there is 1st gen protege with a complete motor in it. It is a B6-something. possibly a B6-ZE (does that exist, I don't know I am going from memory from what the sticker on the MAF) But it is not a B6-E or a B6-ME and I know it is not a B8 or a BP. It has B6 stamped clear as day on the cylinder head. I didn't think a B6 of any type came in the protege?

Anywho, it's automatic. Has anyone had any luck getting a auto motor to play nicely with their wiring harness? I noted that in the motor swap guide it said one of the sensors was completely different.

I put a B6 from an auto in my car. Its the TPS that is different. Just get one from a manual car, or if its an 89 or earlier motor just reuse the one off your B3
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Comment

I 've NEVER seen a B6 in a protege...NEVER.
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Maybe he is looking at a B8 since it looks kinda like a B6.

EDIT: Well since it has B6 stamped on the block (there isn't engine grim on the stamping is there :-)) I would say possibly they got a b6 out of a 323 hatch at some point. My only thought. I have never seen a b6 in a protege, and I believe they only came with B8's and BP's.

Comment

Alrighty guys, I think I have found my swap motor in that case. Next time I go to the yard I will def get pics of the motor.

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
          Maybe he is looking at a B8 since it looks kinda like a B6.

EDIT: Well since it has B6 stamped on the block (there isn't engine grim on the stamping is there :-)) I would say possibly they got a b6 out of a 323 hatch at some point. My only thought. I have never seen a b6 in a protege, and I believe they only came with B8's and BP's.
          No grime on the motor. Seeing the B6 moniker on the head and the maf got me really confused.

Comment

Working...
          X