Ford Aspires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Aspires?

They any good? I know people swap a lot of parts from the Aspires onto their festivas, but were they as reliable, easy to work on, or economical as the festivas? Someone has one for sale near me (dented up and bad paint) and I want to know a little more about them.

So what are their strengths and weaknesses? Anyone on here own one, or just parts of one on your festiva?

Thanks
    '97 Aspire

They are heavier, slower, usually don't get as good fuel economy. I have seen many more festivas with 300,000 miles on them. I have seen a few aspires with over 300,000. The later aspires are obdII. They can be really reliable like the festivas. The final drive is shorter.
    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Think Carbon summed it up well.
      The extra weight does reduce MPG, but I suspect (No proof) it also shortend the life of the tranny, both ATX and Manual.
      You do get a smoother ride.
      The OBD soket will help if your shooting for economy as you can get instrumentation to help optimize fuel utilization.
      Otherwise, the drive trains are nearly identical and can be swapped to/from Aspire/Festiva.
      '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
      '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
      '92 Aqua parts Car
      '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
      '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
      Your holy ghost will not save you.
      Your God plutonium will not save you.
      In fact...
      ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

I read on here that an aspire head is roller and festiva isnt. Thought about swapping an aspire roller head onto my motor for the roller benefits...

Yea aspires are heavier and slower, but are way more refined as a modern car. Still good if youre looking for a small economical car but dont want something as barebones as a festiva. Theyre also safer.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Ive got a low mileage aspire motor for a back up in case one of my festivas ever need one. I may never need one. They just keep going and going !!!
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

the roller lifters can be swapped ask elcamino1 he did it

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
              Ive got a low mileage aspire motor for a back up in case one of my festivas ever need one. I may never need one. They just keep going and going !!!
              What don't you have?? :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Ive got an other low mileage block with a bad head Im about to rebuild. Ive got a brand new ford head, and $237.00 worth of new parts for it. Just waiting on a gasket set. It should be here next week. Wish I could find a couple more five speed aspire trannys.

sigpic
                The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

will the aspire motor fit into a stock festiva just fine?
                  -Josh R

Comment

Aspire are awesome, they have a little more creature comfort, and are slightly more aerodynamic too.
                    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

i dunno what the average mpg's are in a festiva but my aspire will do about 36mpg city so its still better than 90% of the cars on the road.

Comment

you'll be able to find a 4 door aspire alot easyer then a 4 door festiva too.

Comment

Yeah, the one near me is a 4-door. But Ive decided against, just because it looks like its had a hard life so far, and hasnt really been taken care of.
                          '97 Aspire

Comment

I have a running aspire and a dead festiva. I still don't quite hate the aspire enough to take it apart and swap everything over. Doesnt make sense for all the downtime when im saving 40+ bucks a week driving the aspire vs other cars i own.
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                            X