Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festus Today

Here's the newest pic of Festus.

You can see the custom grill in it's developmental stage. The end result will be pretty much the same. It's sorta Avanti/Monza style.

I'm doing two different styles of headlight covers. One set will be removable 'blank offs' that will cover the lights entirely. The other set will be wire mesh, off-road rally style.

The headlights are a low dollar, 6054H conversion. They work great.

'88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Hey CharlieZ, you should put that grill back on. Just tell people you work for Chrysler and that this is the concept for the next generation Jeep Grand Cherokee!

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
    '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
    '68 Mustang Coupe
    '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

Nice grill concept. Quite a bit nicer than the one I ran for a while. LOL

Comment

it;'s the new Hummer H1/2!!! (one half)
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

^ dude, that's not right :p
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Maybe with that grill and a few mods, Fe2O3stiva could grow-up into one of these.

Comment

^^^That bottom vehicle is far out. It's a DARPA image. It looks an H2 modded to push light rail cars (?) Background indicates Alaska. Pretty cool!
              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Hmm, looks like I'm psychic, I posted a comment before you ever put the picture up...I'm gonna go put my aluminum foil hat back on now!

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
                '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
                '68 Mustang Coupe
                '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by edudu77 View Post
                  Hmm, looks like I'm psychic, I posted a comment before you ever put the picture up...I'm gonna go put my aluminum foil hat back on now!
                  ROFLM_O! I discovered that THEY aim for the torso, everytime I put the foil beanie on. I keep it nearby, just for nostalgia.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
                    ^^^That bottom vehicle is far out. It's a DARPA image. It looks an H2 modded to push light rail cars (?) Background indicates Alaska. Pretty cool!
                    The DARPA car is an older late 90s Isuzu Trooper. I think this was a 2003 or 2004 contender. Not a winner though.

Comment

Hi ya, Charlie,

The older Troopers were solid vehicles. They must have up'd the horsepower for the competition. I'd guess the winner was more massive, or at least had more GVW.

The details of the competition might be 'sensitive'. I'd be interested to hear what the vehicles were pushing.

I see you're in Belleville, IL. I spent my early childhood around that region, mostly Carlyle. I have vague memories of Belleville.

Did you hear about that 'Black Delta incident', I think it was 2002? Law Enforcement Officers tracked a flying unknown from Highland to East St. Louis. Most guys aren't interested in UFO stuff, but the Illinois sighting is pretty remarkable for those of us who take an interest. 20/20, or some big TV show, even covered it.
                      Last edited by BigElCat; 10-07-2008, 07:21 PM.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
                        Did you hear about that 'Black Delta incident', I think it was 2002? Law Enforcement Officers tracked a flying unknown from Highland to East St. Louis. Most guys aren't interested in UFO stuff, but the Illinois sighting is pretty remarkable for those of us who take an interest. 20/20, or some big TV show, even covered it.
                        BigE,

I understand this is of great interest to you, but please keep the thread on topic. If you'd like to discuss this further, please start a separate thread in the appropriate forum. Thanks.
                        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                        X