jay leno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jay leno

Im bumping this from a old post because I thought someone might want to ...

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever tried writting to Jay Leno to see if he could talk with us or possibly just write a letter on everything about his shotiva's??? I know he is busy, but I bet if you (DJ) wrote a nice letter to him, and sent a copy of the latest FF 05' line up, showing what festivas are still doing, he might at least give us festiva guys a shout out on the show....

He seems like a pretty cool guy, anyone interested in writting the letter, well a person with good grammer skills (NOT ME:-)

Logan

sweet idea. hes got a good point...Jay's a car nut. i dont think he would mind...hell, maybe he would write something for the site, i dunno. its worth a shot tho. take em up on this one DJ!

Jay
    90 L FI..second B3
    90 L Parts car
    Jay

Comment

I want to race him

Comment

it would be cool if he could take some good pictures of his festy for us and wrote a short article about how it drives and what all is in it.
        marc
        white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

Re: jay leno

Originally posted by Gforcefd
          Just out of curiosity has anyone ever tried writting to Jay Leno to see if he could talk with us or possibly just write a letter on everything about his shotiva's???
          I emailed Jay Leno several years back when I was writing the Shogun articles on pre-DJ FF.Com.

I did get a reply, from the publicist, essentially to the tune of " Mr. Leno is a very busy guy, etc ".

Nothing in the way of car correspondence.

The true know-it-alls of the Shogun are Chuck Beck and Rick Titus, creators of the car, and they are equally elusive as Leno to get them to talk about the car.

Rick Titus I emailed, and got a response personally. He said he would talk more about the Shogun, but this never materialized. Busy schedules do this.

All in all, good luck getting any true Shogun owners to let go of some pride to share anything with the conventional Festiva crowd ( more than what already exists ). I've come to understand why they would though and respect it.
          Rich Norman
          5 Festivas:
          1992 L - Daily Driver
          1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
          1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
          1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
          1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

he only has one doesn't he?

if you want to get in touch with him, contact his garage or someone in it to relay him the message.

he might care, might not. it all depends on how well you present yourself on the phone and shit.
            Wil
            02' Sc00by WRX Sedan (current project)
            00' Celica GT Automatic 38mpg gas-sipper (sold)
            05' Scion xB box-on-wheels (sold)
            93' MX-3 Hybrid on LSD (sold )
            96' Slowtegé 42mpg Beast-mobile (engine exploded)
            93' B6-ZE 'tiva GL aka"Blue Bomber"(now owned by darpien)

Comment

find out where he lives and block off his house (pronounced "big ass man-shun") with like, 30 or forty festiva's. then when he comes out to yell at you, ask him about the shogun!
              marc
              white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

Or throw many bricks through all the windows of said big ol' house. I'm sure he'll appreciate that about as much as a bunch of noisy festiva owners.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

...or throw festiva's through his windows.
                  marc
                  white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

that would be waste of perfectly good festivas! Lets just throw stock 12" rims...
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

i'm going to throw my door buzzer through his window...after all, i went to the trouble of pulling it out...
                      marc
                      white 93 GL / 5spd

Comment

yea thats a great idea. lets talk about throwing shit through his windows. then when someone gets him to come by the boards and he would see that, im sure he will feel welcome. (not that he would come and if he did hes not going to read every post on the board)
                        Roe:

1990 Jeep Cherokee
                        2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Email: Nathan.Roe86@Gmail.com

Comment

but you could guarentee that he'd open any thread with his name on it.
                          OX SMASH!!

Comment

Working...
                          X