small bed in back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small bed in back

Has anyone on here taken out the back seat of a festiva, and put like a small bed in there? i think it would be rather cool to be able to sleep in there on nights you dont want to be home.
    -Josh R

i'm too tall at just under 6' to sleep in there. i think small children would be able to. i would just rather carry a tent or even a tarp and a sleeping bag.
    Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
    88? Parts car-sold
    91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
    86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
    1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

recline the seat back. Sleep there.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I heard that some festiva's seats recline to meet with the back seat to make a bed.
        89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

I was thinking about this earlier. It would be cool to modify a tent to attatch to the back....something like that terrible pontiac aztek. Would be awesome for camping!
          Last edited by lanemeyer14; 10-10-2008, 12:13 AM.
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

I think I saw a picture of an old Mini Cooper or something with a camper/trailer on the back that you could open the back and lay from the car to the camper. I remember how awesome it would be to cut a festiva in half and close it off and make a tow-able camper/trailer out of it.
            89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

i once thought about this same issue, then decided this was an easier solution lol

(GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
              95k Original miles
              New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

Originally posted by piratewilly View Post
                i once thought about this same issue, then decided this was an easier solution lol

Someone has been to Lake Isabella I see Now that's a testament to the Festiva, towing a tent trailer up highway 78! Nice.

An easier thought is to remove the passenger seat and sleep there. I've seen it done in a Geo Metro so why not in a Festiva?

Comment

Originally posted by CityConnection View Post
                  Someone has been to Lake Isabella I see Now that's a testament to the Festiva, towing a tent trailer up highway 78! Nice.

An easier thought is to remove the passenger seat and sleep there. I've seen it done in a Geo Metro so why not in a Festiva?
                  yea thats where i bought the trailer, car towed it fine no problems at all its really light, you could pull out the seat, but, i also have a stove, a full bed, and can stand up inside and probably would even take me less time to set up then trying to get all organized inside a festiva to sleep
                  95k Original miles
                  New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

Originally posted by CityConnection View Post
                    Sorry, should have made that part of my message clearer. That was intended for the OP, not you. Yeah, sleeping in the trailer would be much easier!

Comment

you should post your location
                      95k Original miles

Comment

I'm new, I'll do it right now. I'm so new I don't have my Festiva... yet. I'm going to look at one tomorrow and hopefully it'll work for me.

I used to own a place in Lake Isabella so I've been to that Home Mart countless times. Did you see one of the other stores in that shopping center... Ice Cream and Donuts! I never went there but I dreamed it was awesome!

I'm up in northern California now, going to Chico State. I do miss Lake Isabella though, but not in the summer during tourist season. In fall and winter I was in heaven!

Comment

awesome, well there are a few of us festy owners in the central valley area, were gonna try to get a meet soon. We were kinda talking about doing a drive down 178 cause its nice, but we'll still have to see, ill keep a lookout too for a festy for you
                          95k Original miles

Comment

Several solutions here. I've posted pics and in my video "what can you fit in your festiva". If you have an LX the headrests remove and the top of the front seat meets flush with the front of the back seat. That is a huge sleeping area. I put a single size mattress in my festiva with non LX seats too. The mattress went under the steering wheel and over the gear shift. The hatch closed! There was plenty of room there. I also put an air mattress inside one of my festivas and my wife (5'11" ) and I slept in there all night. There is a pic of that in my video. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...hlight=festiva
                            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Carbon said it right... The seats with detacable headrests will recline all the way back, remove the headrests and move the seat as forward as you can and it'll meet the front of the rear seat... You can flip the rear seat so that it lays down completely and you've got a big bed there. Although, if I remember correctly, there was a bump somewhere along the ways that wouldn't be all that comfortable laying on (I think it was where the rear seat folded down).

Unfortunately, none of these would work on my Festiva... The harness bar allows the seats to recline about 5 inches... And the battery would be in the way of any sort of rear seat folding down.... :-P
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X