Fun at pick & pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun at pick & pull

Me and my newest festiva bud Bob went to P & P today to pull a rear torsion beam from an aspire. There were two there earlier but when we got there only one was left and the suspension had already been removed from it. We did get some parts off of a 89 auto festiva. It had complete factory air and sun roof if anyone is interested. Looked like the sun roof leaked. I got the 89 auto radiator shroud Ive been looking for and Bob got a MAF and a hose he needed. The car only had 151,000 on it. Should still be on the road. Bob also got a intermittant wiper combo switch, some front mud flaps, and some chrome/plastic interior door handles. I snagged the stuff pictured below. They didnt even charge me for the stuff in the second picture. Cant beat fun at the P & P, only cost a buck to get in.

Last edited by freshtiva; 10-11-2008, 05:11 PM.
    sigpic
    The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
    https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
    Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

i wish it was something like that here im my country...

Comment

Nice score!!! What do you want for the sunroof????? I have been looking for one.
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

That looks like very satisfying haul gents! The festys are getting very rare these days!
        97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
        CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
        Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

whats that clock out of, will it fit a festy?

Comment

I am looking for a Festiva power steering pump that works. Let me know if you run across one. I need the interior seal for the sunroof and the white plastic retainers that hold the headliner up. Please mail me if you ever run across another one.

Comment

Originally posted by 25Horseplay View Post
              Nice score!!! What do you want for the sunroof????? I have been looking for one.
              I didnt get the sunroof. I looked at it and someone had used some silicone around it to keep it from leaking. It appeared to have a bad seal between the glass and the frame. I didnt know if you could find a new seal for it or not so I left it. The glass and hardware all seem good. I popped it open.
              sigpic

Comment

A mighty haul indeed. It's about time you got an aqua Festiva.
                Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

That aqua festiva is Bobs, but you're right, I do need one.

Bravekozak I might have some of those retainers. You mean like the ones that are back towards the hatch ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cubstiva1 View Post
                    whats that clock out of, will it fit a festy?
                    That clock is out of a 323. It will plug right into any of my homemade clock wire harnesses and work. It the same size at the festiva clock the only difference is the plug on this one is centered and on the festiva the clock plug is off to one side. The mounting ears on this one have a slightly different angle from the festiva clock too. I have a picture of the differences somewhere. If can be made to work easily with a face plate in the center console or elsewhere. The center plug location lines up exactly on a dash mounting bolt if you put it in the normal spot on the dash.
                    Last edited by freshtiva; 10-11-2008, 08:40 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

made out like a bandit, sweet.
                      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I made my first trip to Pull-A-Part today. I only had about a hour but I had a blast. Never knew breaking cars down could be so much fun. Found an 88 Festiva that had pretty much been gutted BUT all corner lights were in tact so I pulled front turn signals (orange), rear lights, radio bazil, Festiva/Ford emblems and ash tray. Seats looked great with no stains or tears but had been in the weather so long they were soaked through so didn't get them. Moved to a Mercury Topaz and found a set of cup/change holders all for $29. I could have done more with more time but had to cut it short. Will definitely go back soon. Now I see why you guys get excited about these trips.
                        '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
                        '02 F-150 Supercrew
                        '02 Excursion 4x4
                        '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

how do i get one of your homemade clock wiring harnesses? i'd love to have a clock in both of mine.

Comment

Nice score! There's a P&P near me that is similar... The dude looks at your stuff and makes up a quick price... Harry's, the do a freaking inventory of your stuff. Blah.
                            Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

where do you go Simon? i'm always into new yards.
                              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X