Another Upgraded Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Upgraded Festiva

Hello! Name is Adam from Covington, GA. Got my '91 Festiva GL a year ago and its been the best damn car (for what it is) ever. Guy threw an Aspire motor in with 20K and it looked really good. I got it in trade for some motorcycle parts, which I got for free anyways, and after a belt, pass. front suspension, drivers side rear bearings and a little lovin' the Festiva has given me no problems until now.

Damn drivers side rear bearings again. So last Saturday I saw this web site and found the whole rear end with hubs/torque bar/suspension swaps out from the Aspire. So Sunday I found a '95 Aspire as the local pull-a-part, poped on by and picked out the whole rear end. Unfortunetly the car only had the drivers-side right hub/rotor/caliper/suspension so I got that. Also found a dome light!

I jacked up my car really high, I popped off my rear end (suspension and all) and popped the Aspire in. Took like an hour total, easiest swap ever.

I have to find a pass. side hub/rotor/caliper/suspension to complete the swap Until then I have 2 13" rims off a civic and the 2 12" original steelys up front. Looks drag, lol.

I also got the front seats. Apparently the outer rails are the same but the inner tabs are different. Luckily I'm handy with an angler grinder and welder, so I found out the tabs are originally pop riveted on then hit with a welder, so I'll drill out the pop rivets and grind the welds off. The placement is exactly the same so I don't have to measure where to weld the old tabs onto the new one, lucky me!

Anyone know a place near Covington GA with a '95 junk Aspire??

What else could I swap over from the Aspire? Does the rear seat go? The carpet looked the same, should I go with a sway bar stabilizer (happen to have an old one laying around)?

Have fun!

The Augusta Pull-a-part has a 95! Row 301, on lot 9/15/08. Welcome! Nice to see another festiva from GA. I live in Guyton (about 35 miles northwest of Savannah). All of my family is up in the Lawrenceville area.

Comment

welcome to the site! its always great to see another GA member on here, there's not too many of us but we're growing in numbers, I actually just met another GA member today ("sparky" on here, he's in griffin). If you need any festiva parts let me know, I have a silver '91L I'm parting out right now, and I'd love to sell a few parts to someone I wouldn't have to ship to
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Welcome to the site!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Welcome to the board!!

make sure you get parts from the same trany type of aspire (mt/at), their different! The aspire swap is by far one of the easiest, and best, things you can do for your festiva. Now you'll just need a bigger engine...
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Welcome fellow Georgian!
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Welcome to the site !! I put aspire seats in my festiva w/o a welder or angle grinder.

See the thread below. I just switched out the bottom half ( the part that mounts to the floor pan ) of the aspire track for the bottom half of the festiva track on the inside track only.

Discuss enhancing your Festiva or Aspire interior and exterior (including custom paint, bodywork, seats, etc)
              Last edited by freshtiva; 10-14-2008, 07:39 PM.
              sigpic
              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I would drive down to a meet in the Peach state this spring.

Plan one folks.

Dean
                Raleigh, NC
                The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
                Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
                link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
                4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
                Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

Howdy, Sandz! Another Peach Stater! And with fine taste in autos...
                  1989 Red L- The Baron
                  www.letstalkbeatles.com
                  Link to Baron Pics:
                  http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
                  1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Wow! Thanks for all the welcomes! Thank You, I love my Festiva and even though I've only been on this forum for a few days I've learned a lot. I'm not new to wrenching around so sure enough eventually I go looking around to see what can be done to my little people carrier.

Thanks for the Tip about the seats, saved me a ton of time! Also thanks about the heads up for matching the rotors/calibers between the Automatic and Manuel Aspires. Glad I bumped into the Automatic for the thicker rotors/calibers!

See Yah

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers!

Scott
                      Famous Last Words: "How hard can it be?"

Comment

YAY!!! Finally got my passenger's side spindle/caliper/rotor/tie rod end/suspension!!! Took a while but finally a '95 aspire popped up at Pull-a-part Atlanta north. Now all I need is some festiva passenger inside seat rail and my conversion is complete. I'll now have an aspire in festiva clothes. :rowr:

Comment

Awsome man, cant wait to see pix.

Comment

Good going sandsz! Now you need to post some pics for us.
                            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                            - Unknown
                            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

^^ X2

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Working...
                              X