Kill Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill Stories

Every body loves a good story, and, everybody has a story to tell. So, i wanna hear some good stories about you racing your Festiva and who you beat. Ill start.

Well it was about a year ago and i was hanging with my buddy and is friends with there scion xb club. They didn't know much about the street racing scene here where i live, so i had them follow me out to it. We got out there and my buddy was talkin all kinds of trash about every car there so i said "ok u think ur cars so hot ill race you with my little festiva." He laughed and said "naw u wouldn't have a chance", but his buddies were makin fun of him cause he wouldn't do it. So finally he said "ok". I had never raced anybody with the festiva yet so i wasn't really sure what the car was gonna be able to do, weather i should power shift it or shift it regular, where to launch it, or even at what RPM to shift it at, BUT, i did know that his car weighed more, had more HP, and his was an automatic, which ment he was gonna be slow off the line, but his shifts would probably be faster. We lined up, I rev'ed the car up to about 4500, the hands dropped, and i was gone. I took maybe a car and a half on him right from the get go and never looked back. I beat him by about 2 cars. When we got back to where everybody was hanging i could hear all kinds of laughs and people were giving me the thumbs up. My buddy was pretty mad and didnt talk for the rest of the night. Later on that night i raced another xB that was manual, had an intake and exhaust on it, and a better driver. i out launched him, but by the end he beat me by a half a car. It was a good night for the festiva!
    (GONE)88 Festiva LX 5 Speed, Factory A/C, Factory Tow Hitch, Tach.
    95k Original miles
    New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

haha very nice

Comment

Nice Kill!!!
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

NE body else have any stories?
        95k Original miles
        New: Tires, Axels, Front Wheel Bearings, Fuel Pump, Valve Cover Gasket, Carb Rebuild, Timing Set, Belts, Shoes, Distributor, CapRotor, Wires, Plugs, Coil, Grant 11" Steering Wheel, 3700 Watt Stereo System-6 1/2 Infinity speakers, Infinity tweeters, Almani 12" subs

Comment

too many, neons, accords, a million civics,scions, tercels, geos. and one supra...well i passed him on the highway then took my exit i count that. i dont know, people with exhaust and wings always give me that look like the wanna run. i give them alittle bit then run them down. but im not a street racer, i've lost alot but to cars that i dont even have a chance against....evo's are fast!

acutally last night some accord was bothing me cause i wouldn't make a left turn through a intercestion started beeping and revving his engine. so after i started going he snuck in and take the inside line, it was a two lane road. so he started taking of but there was train track ahead so he slowed down so he would "scrape his ryde" and after i crossed the train tracks slowly i burned him all i heard was him rying to catch gears and do anything to catch up. my turn was coming up i threw on my win lights and got in the turn lane. i just gave him the look when he passed. haha honda sucks
          Last edited by xanthinic12; 10-22-2008, 11:41 AM.
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
          Paulbarrera12.com
          Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

I ran an 87 accord in about 1992 when I had my first festiva an 89L. I had killed 3rd gear in it. I ran second up to 55! I usually run it to 45. I got him by a car length or so. It was really satisfying.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax View Post
              I ran an 87 accord in about 1992 when I had my first festiva an 89L. I had killed 3rd gear in it. I ran second up to 55! I usually run it to 45. I got him by a car length or so. It was really satisfying.
              man i run 2nd up to 55+ ALL the time lol
              95k Original miles

Comment

I raced another 5 speed aspire a few months ago and i pulled away on the 2-3 shift. His engine musta been tired. I know I'm not beating anyone with HP. I think its my honda vx wheels, no back seat no rear bumper

There is a young guy at my work with an auto xb w/fartcan. You guys saying i can take him?
                1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

i think u could beat that xB no problem, i didn't have an issue
                  95k Original miles

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
                    I raced another 5 speed aspire a few months ago and i pulled away on the 2-3 shift. His engine musta been tired. I know I'm not beating anyone with HP. I think its my honda vx wheels, no back seat no rear bumper
                    weight is the main issue here. If I am not mistaken, the aspire is heavier than the festiva and even though his trans gives him a quicker start you win with a higher top end...I could be wrong though...
                    89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

I'm so glad to hear these old 1.3l ecoboxes that where the cheapest cars you could buy at the time are still beating brand new cars. Though, Scion XB's hardly qualify as a performance car (especially a stock 1.5l AUTO) but the people that drive them dont know that!
                      1963 Ford F-100
                      1992 Ford Festiva
                      2006 Audi A4
                      2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Comment

im trying to talk everybody into getting a festiva lol but then i think, wait i dont want everybody to have one i want to be unique, but i do think im gonna get my sister an aspire as her first car, but do they come with power steering?
                        95k Original miles

Comment

Originally posted by Ogrestiva View Post
                          weight is the main issue here. If I am not mistaken, the aspire is heavier than the festiva and even though his trans gives him a quicker start you win with a higher top end...I could be wrong though...
                          I dont think the top end is all that great - but the quicker start is nice but the added weight makes it more slugish than the festy all around

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                          92 GL - parts car
                          97 aspire - parts car
                          87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                          http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                          Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

The most fun i've had to date in my 121, was a little battle (30kms of twisty roads) on the way home from work one day. The competition was a Ford Aspire 1.5L. We seemed to be evenly matched !

Comment

I try to take my races to the track... They have emergency crews and stuff on hand incase something goes wrong.
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X