Project Festiva SHOGUN dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Festiva SHOGUN dead.

I have be in contact with the owners of the mold and jigs for the SHOGUN festiva. I was informed Friday that the project of offering the parts in a kit has been canned.

They were afraid there would not be a market for their investment. I asked if they would sell me the prioject and was told no, they were going to put it all in their muesum. :cry:

If you want to give them an email of what you think ...

sales@speedwaymotors.com
    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

ive make many contacts with them in t he past. WASTE OF F**KING TIME. that is a waste of the molds. i think we should flood their emails with request of kits.

on another note i think their was going to be somone making molds in the past. on the ez board dj posted somthin about it.
    Roe:

1990 Jeep Cherokee
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Email: Nathan.Roe86@Gmail.com

Comment

My self and girl friend have emailed them from seperate accounts.
      money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

sent my email. i really hope this works. it would help me out huge. if this doesn't work tho what about Tom Rader in the members section. i don't know if he made the panels himself or not but they look pretty good.

Comment

No matter how many of you people email them, how many of you would actually BUY the mold?

I'd say probably the number of people who email Roger at FMS about his bodykits and never buy them (IIRC, I was the 3rd person to have a COMPLETE kit - 1 = DJ and 2 = Roger)

Sure, it sounds like a great idea, but then a pricetag of $2000 is given and now nobody wants them.
          Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

I paid 2500$ CAN for my ATH bodykit (unfortunately still sitting in my garage) so only 2000$ US for the SHOgun? I would buy it right away with another Festy
            Is that a Festiva that just passed me?!?!?!

Comment

yeah for 2000 i would buy it.

Comment

i would if i had another festiva sitting in one corner the garage, and a sho motor, trans, and wiring in another corner, and $2000 in my pocket. and as for the idea for emailing them, well that was a joke and if we did do that their wont be enough people emailing them to get them more than anoyed.
                Roe:

1990 Jeep Cherokee
                2003 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Email: Nathan.Roe86@Gmail.com

Comment

You guys are correct, there would not be a large market for SHOGUN festiva body work, maybe a dozen sets total.

Speedways owns the molds and they can do as they please with them. From a business stand maybe its not cost effective to punch out just a few sets.

What I don't understand is their refusal to sell them. Sure they want to put them in their museum BUT have you ever seen a fiberglass mold? They are not much to look at , most of the time you cant even tell what comes out of them.

I have heard that they may OWN a SHOGUN and this is their way of prevent clones. Again this doesn't make much sense, has the fake cobras hurt the price of the originals? The owner that had the mold before Speedway allowed some sets to be made as replacement parts for the originals and a few " clones" were made.

But still there was only 6 original SHOGUNS made and there will never be another original ( okay Tom appears to have the parts of a still born car, number 7, when completed this should be considered an original).

Sure I can make up a set of fenders, there is nothing really special about the body work and their are dozen of picture to work from.

I'm afraid it boils down to " see what I have and you cant have them"
                  money pit

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS
                    has the fake cobras hurt the price of the originals?
                    yeah that a good point. just because we are trying to make a fun little car doesn't mean that its going to effect the price of the originals. unless we do it better :twisted:

Comment

perhaps propose the idea of renting the molds, having them duplicated, then finding someone to lay the glass for you? Or doing it yourself if you're good with that sort of thing.

Comment

if the price is right i would pitch for some of the rental costs if it were to even happen. i really need these body panels

Comment

This kit is not hard to Dup. Maybe if like 5 or more ppl on here would fork out for the kits I would be a nice guy and build a mold. As far a Fiberglass it just time consuming. They are holding back! A chopper gun and the time it takes to fill and pull a mod is nothing. Its pretty sad but they are playing the we have it and you can't game. Carbon fiber is also a option for material.

This would take about six months to make all the mods then cast the positives.

Comment

Originally posted by NovaSS
                            But still there was only 6 original SHOGUNS made and there will never be another original ( okay Tom appears to have the parts of a still born car, number 7, when completed this should be considered an original).
                            Hardly. This "#7" wasn't completed at the time when the Shoguns were constructed by Special Editions.

Some future owner is left up to the task.

Unknown really if Beck and Titus even knew of this car. Did you get personal information on it from them? Did Rader? Got proof? Existence of a "partial" No.7 was a key question I asked Titus in my email.

Getting back to originality, to say #7 is a true Shogun is like being asked to believe that if someone inherited a blank canvas once owned by Picasso, and subsequently later added a painting was completed by someone else years later, that painting would be a genuine original.

Maybe some intrinsic value from the source of some of the parts, but the real Shoguns weren't just a bunch of parts, they were crafted start to finish by the staff at the Upland shop.

It all seems easy to duplicate a Shogun, yes, that's why so many have done a nice job of it :lol: . Professional moulds of complex shaped parts ( which these are ), that must withstand the scrutiny of paying customers ( end products ) is not easy work for amateurs. Hmmmm wonder how I know?
                            Rich Norman
                            5 Festivas:
                            1992 L - Daily Driver
                            1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                            1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                            1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                            1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

I think they had every intention of this car being built or why would they have made this?

Granted in this case the completion is performed by some one else using their own festiva but it seems there was noting special about the festivas that they used.

SHOTIMES list 7 SHOGUNS, were they got their info I dont know. I too have contacted chuck beck years ago but he was very reluctant to give out info. I think Mr Rader should present his car honestly, as a SHOGUN that was completed out side the Special Editions company building

You could take Carrol Shelby as precedent, he came up with some 1966 VIN number for Cobras that were never built and had NEW 1966 cobras made by outside sources. These are registered as 1966 cars but they were not completed until the late 90s. Are these original Cobras? Some claim yes, some claim no.

As for your reference to art work.
                              My parents have an piece signed by Salvador Dolly. It was copy by a student but because he ( Salvador ) enjoyed it so much he signed it too, making it worth FAR MORE that just as a student copy. Of course its well documented and registered as a Salvador. Funny how all this works.

Yes you are correct, building composite parts is not easy. Here is an engine compartment I completed out of carbon fiber, the inner fenders, radiator shroud , brackets, block off plates etc etc. I have the molds in my shop and have several standing orders for them. The hard thing about working with carbon is you can not use paint to hide imperfections, well you can but it wouldn't look COOL!

money pit

Comment

Working...
                              X