What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

I'm trying to decide what route I want to take while fixing up "Old Red". Heres my 2 ideas for it.

#1 Restore/modify it with only optional factory parts
    such as:
    -Power mirrors off a LX
    -Rear hatch w/wiper off a LX
    -Seats out of a LX (I already have the drivers seat)
    -Door panels w/map pockets
    -Side moldings
    -any other things I find besides the underseat tray if there's one (Freshtiva has dibs on it already)
    #2 Modify it with things like the aspire brake swap and some other custom stuff

I'm leaning towards #1 since I can buy some parts off this Festiva LX that one of my friend's dad owns

Last edited by Festiva_Fred; 10-24-2008, 07:20 PM.
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

both! and maybe a b6 out of a 88-90 tracer or 323. they are easy to find and just like swapping in another b3. imo, a delux festy with aspire brakes/aspire steelies painted silver, and a b6 would be awesome. plus with junkyard parts you could do the whole thing for around $500 with a new clutch/timing belt/ect for the b6

Comment

ps. why would you give freshtiva dibs on the underseat tray if you want to deck out your festy? if you give up that one chances are you won`t find another one.

Comment

You dont have to go one way or the other. Take the best of both worlds... aspire swap.. LX mirrors.. exct
        89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
        RIP 90LX

Comment

Originally posted by ruppenduro View Post
          ps. why would you give freshtiva dibs on the underseat tray if you want to deck out your festy? if you give up that one chances are you won`t find another one.
          Cause I'm just that nice! I don't really care about the underseat tray too much, and it'll find a nice home on one of Fresh's cars if there is one...

Originally posted by stefan View Post
          You dont have to go one way or the other. Take the best of both worlds... aspire swap.. LX mirrors.. exct
          hhhmmm I might do that...... but I want to get a full set of trim rings (I already have 1) and those wouldn't work with the swap, and this car is going to be a daily driver when it's done so the stock stuff would work just fine.
          Last edited by Festiva_Fred; 10-24-2008, 07:50 PM.
          -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.

Comment

you can find 13 inch trims rings alot easier and brand new to fit the aspire steelies. plus you'd love the aspire swap for daily driving. its really up to you though, depends on how much work you want to put into it and how you want the car to be when its done.

Comment

Don't sell/give the tray to fresh......sell it to me!
              ---------------------------------------------------
              The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
              ---------------------------------------------------
              BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

keep it looking good and make it a sleeper. do the brake upgrades and put a b6 in it with the lx interior and rock it like a hurricane.
                93-1.6l
                f.s.- fms bodykit.

Comment

you can find 13 inch trims rings alot easier and brand new to fit the aspire steelies. plus you'd love the aspire swap for daily driving. its really up to you though, depends on how much work you want to put into it and how you want the car to be when its done.
                  Really? Who makes them?
                  Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                  Don't sell/give the tray to fresh......sell it to me!
                  Sorry Wes, Fresh already has dibs on it if there is one

Comment

after a quick search i found these. i`m sure you could find them cheaper if you search.

Comment

after a quick search i found these. i`m sure you could find them cheaper if you search.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MITSU...QQcmdZViewItem
                      hmmmm I still can't decide.... the stock 12" wheels are growing on me

Comment

You can get trim rings from JC Whitney. The great thing about having a Festiva is you don't have to follow any one direction with how you build it. Absoultly go with the Aspire swap, other than that build the car you want to drive. Check out the photo gallery see what others have done, then add your own ideas to the mix and see what happens.
                        Good luck, Will
                        Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                        187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

Ok I may do the aspire swap on it eventually....
                          Last edited by Festiva_Fred; 10-24-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Just buy the whole car from him and strip all the parts off of it, even the ones you don't currently need.
                            You will learn a lot by disassembling it!
                            '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                            '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                            '92 Aqua parts Car
                            '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                            '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                            Your holy ghost will not save you.
                            Your God plutonium will not save you.
                            In fact...
                            ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                              Just buy the whole car from him and strip all the parts off of it, even the ones you don't currently need.
                              You will learn a lot by disassembling it!
                              I would if the car was closer, but I'm just going to buy the parts that I want to swap onto mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X