626 steering column questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 626 steering column questions

i was a junk year yesterday and ended up passing on a combo switch off the steering column of a 91 mazda 626. it had intermittent wipers and cruise. the light controls looked exactly like my tiva, and i thought that it would work, but for the $35 she was asking put it back.

So the questions..... would that combo switch have worked? will the tilt steering column out that 91 mazda work in my festy? is there anything else (from the mazda) i should be looking for if i go back.

The combo switch will work,not sure about the whole column?
    Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
    99 Dodge Caravan SE
    95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
    94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
    78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
    78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
    03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
    95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
    95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
    95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

oooh. is it a pickapart where you can take apart cars yourself? reverse engineer time. take a festiva column off another car and see if it goes into the mazda. A thing in our favor is our wiring is off to the side, not a bundle down the middle inside the column. If you need to add anything zip tie it.
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

it has the same exact plastic covers that a festy would have.

Comment

They wanted 35 for the whole switch setup? If you took just the intermittent part what would it be....it adds right in to our column.
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

35 for the whole thing, but i'm cheap, so i thought for a part that i'm not sure will work i can't spend that kind of money. i thought it would, but i wasn't sure what the going price was either.

Comment

it'll work... the plugs are the same safe for a jumper to activate the marker lights (maybe).
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

no jumper needed with the 91 mazda switch....so long as it is going on a 90's Festy, plug and play.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

ok well then if it's that's the case, there's a jumper needed to put that switch into a 88-89 festy. found out this the hard way (88 switch into a 91 festy)
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                  X