thieves broke into my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thieves broke into my car

D@@n thieves broke into my car over the weekend, both doors were unlocked... All my audio equip is gone... i spent over 600 just very recently on a new H/U, speakers, amps, and sub..
    I think the next thing i am going to do before putting new car audio is get a very very decent car security setup..

G

Sorry to hear that goodbabbu.
    Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
    99 Dodge Caravan SE
    95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
    94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
    78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
    78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
    03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
    95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
    95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
    95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

I know how you feel man. My other car (prelude) was stolen a few weeks ago and I just got it back the other day. I had to get new wheels/tires for it, and pay $600 for towing/storage fees to get it back!
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear about that. At least they didn't take the car, right? (always look at the bright side)
        My Festy was broken into 2 years ago; someone must've spooked them because they didn't get my stereo (but they tried), and thankfully I had my kill switch on so they couldn't take the car.

Remember to lock your doors, no matter where you go, and install a kill switch so they don't get your car.
        Last edited by GenevaDirt; 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM.
        If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
        Mark S.

Comment

Sorry that happened Babbu.

I'm a big fan of "no expensive stereo system." I live around Ohio State University and have heard of crooks breaking into cars simply for spare change or old clothes!

I'm planning on taking my stock radio out and having some sort of Ipod system with smaller, lighter, more efficient speakers to go with it. It'll be hidden under one of the seats or somewhere.

Twin/Speedstiva is a dedicated two-seater so I'll work on a bolt or weld in lockbox for smaller valuables. It'll be as hidden as possible as well.

The less "bling," the less attention will be paid. As gas will no doubt go up again, our little cars may become more valuable in and of themselves.

I want mine to look bone-cheap-poorhouse-STOCK!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I've had many of cars broken into for audio equipment. I no long spend money on it....A nice detachable flip down cd mp3 player and a good set of component is good enough for me.
            ---------------------------------------------------
            The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
            ---------------------------------------------------
            BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

did they break anything? when i gotmy car broken into the ripped off my lock, it will take a minte to getover but your ca will be as good as new soon
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2065064/1
              Paulbarrera12.com
              Festiva Visualizer Project

Comment

Sometimes I really hate people. I'm sorry to hear about your car, but at least they didn't break out a window or something. Good luck with the rebuild.

Donovan

92 Festiva L stock with wheel upgrade...The Mater (Sold)
                '66 Galaxie 500 428 FE...Friend of OPEC
                '68 Mustang Coupe
                '63 Galaxie Country Sedan

Comment

thieves

My boss was at the machinery show in Chicago a month and a half ago with his Dodge, and was broken into. He had the guy in his arms but the the guy broke free and got away, with his passport and everything. Because of that, I am waiting with purchasing a Pioneer AVIC N4 for my Festiva. I guess thats why I drove a dead flat Malibu with no carpeting for all those years. Never had a break-in. No kill switch. UGLY.
                  New cars have the same technology that digital TVs do for authentication. They can even slow down and stop on a disable command. SMART.

Comment

I recently had the faceplate stolen for the head unit in our van....:scratch:
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Speaking of audio equipment is it really true that if you take the faceplate off another one won't work with it?

Or would another of the exact same one work on it?

I remove my flaceplate EVERYWHERE...even here at the house due to break-in on my Truck when I thought it was in a safe place...but the theif busted my passenger side glass & took my $120 sterio that I have bought at Wal-Mart...so MONEY TRUELY HAS NO VALUE...they will take ANYTHING!!!!! :-(

& thats something that really UPSETS you when you work hard for something & someone who is TRASH like that just takes it...Makes ya wonder why we don't just do the same...but some have RESPECT for other's HARD WORK.......

oops sorry got a little carryied away there....:pain10: but it does Pee you Off :cussing:

Comment

Yah, i am definitely happy that they didn't break anything, just took the audio stuff! I guess, it will definitely take time to get over this incident. Anyway, it was my first ever break-inn!(and hopefully the last)

William you so right, i mean, who gives these type of people the right to just take away others stuff =>Hard earned money

Although, sometimes i think, maybe they needed this stuff more than i do.. i don't know..

Today, I went to futureshop today to inquire about security lock system.. anyone got any recommendations?

Comment

Thats what I like about my JVC El Kameleon.
                          On

When its off the buttons disappear and the face goes blank so you can hardly see it.

I had a different JVC in one of the other Festivas and had went into BB one day for something, had left my door unlocked. Wasnt more than 20 feet from the front door. Came out and it was gone.
                          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                          - Unknown
                          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by goodbabbu View Post
                            Although, sometimes i think, maybe they needed this stuff more than i do.. i don't know..
                            anyone got any recommendations?
                            No I have to disagree. No one who steals stuff from people has a legitimate reason for it. Its usually jackass teenagers or junkies. I dont care if you steal from a major corporation (who are you really hurting... The lose $20 out of the $6,000,000,000 they make each year) but stealing from individual people hurts them bad.

My $.02
                            '97 Aspire

Comment

i like the 79 dollar walmart radio from 2 years ago, that had the aux headphone input in front, and a usb port, so you could put in thumbdrives for extra storage.

The huge junkyards local to me have fly by night stereo shops nextdoor that sell just faceplates and used aftermarket head units. you just write down your stock number and match them up. ive been there on the breakin thing too.
                              1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Working...
                              X