Festiva.. In Japan???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva.. In Japan???

So my friend was just watching an old Japanese TV show and he caught this screen cap for me.

The show's called Kamen Rider Blade

I thought in japan they were Mazda 121... ?? Did Ford also sell the Festiva over there?

And what's up with that Wing? .. and does it look like the back seat has headrests to anyone else? and... It may be "LX" .. but it kinda looks like it says "Festiva SX"?

What's up with this car in Japan?

In japan, NO 'Festivas' were manuf and sold as 121's. They were badged and sold as Ford Festivas made by Mazda. The 'Mazda 121' made in japan was exported to Australia, NZ, and a few other countries.

The 'Wing' looks like a Canvas Funtop.

Comment

Here's some Japanese Festiva's

There was also the Festiva GT-A!

Back in the late 80s and 90s, there was a little car that had 3 automotive companies involved in it's design, production and marketing. These companies were Ford, Mazda and Kia. The venture produced a car know as the Mazda 121, Ford Festiva and Kia Pride. Practically sold all over the world in one form or the other, the Japanese market had two of the most coveted variants, namely the Ford Festiva GTX and the GTA. Strangely enough, the Mazda variant (1st gen 121) was not available in Japan but in the European market based on the info that I found. The GTX and the GTA were the sportiest of all the variants featuring a 1.3L DOHC 16-valve EFI engine, sporty electrically adjustable suspension, sport themed interior and specific bodykits to match.

The GTA was released near the end of the production run of the JDM Ford Festiva. It went a set further than the GTA variant by having an entirely different front and rear end treatment which gave it a more retro look. Mechanically, it was similar or exactly like the GTX variant. As production figures reveal, only 300 of these retro looking GTAs were ever produced. Who would've thought that such a lowly car such as our Kia Pride would have such a special and desirable relative, the Ford Festiva GTA.

Last edited by Sp33dY; 10-28-2008, 01:25 AM.

Comment

That GTA front end certainly looks more aerodynamic. It also looks like it would fit onto our basic unibody with specific hood, fenders and bumper facia.

Karl
        '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
        '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
        '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
        '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
        '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

i would assume the GT-A has the same mounting points for the fenders/hood etc. as any other festiva, they would be neat to own but i'd rather have a GTX

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I'd love to get an original GTX car! Yes the Japanese cars also had some really cool options!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

If I get retarded rich from music I'm getting one imported. :twisted:
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax View Post
                get a dozen imported, and distribute them amongst you Festiva Bretheren!
                Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

i never liked the style of the GTA. love the gtx though!
                  89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
                  92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
                  New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by carbonvmax View Post
                    If you get retarded rich at least buy me a set of carillo rods and 10.5 comp wiseco pistons
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Originally posted by Amos View Post
                      It may be "LX" .. but it kinda looks like it says "Festiva SX"?
                      There is an SX model, it stands for sexy.

sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                      X