ohm meter reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohm meter reading

how much out of specs can an ohm meter reading be before you consider the part to be bad.

example on my brothers 3.0 ford it should reed between 11-12 ohms but reads 13 ohms
    on the coil pack secondary resistance.

The accuracy of an analog measuring instrument is usually stated as a percent of the full-scale reading.
    The resolution refers to the smallest quantity that can be detected and accurately read.
    A digital instrument's resolution is determined by the range and number of display digits.

In other words, I'd say you are good to go with 13 ohms. :-)

Comment

Touch the leads of the meter together....the reading should be zero. If not...subtract the value from what device you are measuring. The reading may be accurate and high because of resitance not internal to the coil but resitance at the location where the leads contact the coil. Mack sure the contact areas are clean.

On analog meters there is typically a little wheel to zero the ohm Ω reading....or...a little screw at the pivot of the needle that is adjusted to zero the ohm reading when the probes are touched together.
      Joe Lutz

The SKATE ..... 1992L 5spd
      The Greatest Purchase I Ever Made

Comment

mine is digital

Comment

Working...
        X