head lights gone south

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head lights gone south

driving home from work 2nd shift i attempted to switch from low to high beam all head lights went out and the charging indicator came on. i checked the alternator belt it was ok.when the light switch is turned on and off i can hear a relay clicking on and off,all the other lights are working.i just got the old girl running as a good festie should found a distributor at a local j yard $20.at 217,00 runs like a new 1 if they still made them.the problem was crank no start after it ran for awhile and was shut off turns out the problem was the crankshaft position sensor thats located in the distributor.

datone38@aol.com
    workin hard lovin life just need the the old festie right

Did you get your lights fixed?

It seems the last part of your post was how you got it started to begin with (while I was expecting more on your lights problem).

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I emailed you back this morning?

My suggestion for the headlights is the fusible links.
      Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

to my festie family

yes praise the lord the headlights r a done deal seems i made a mistake in repairing taped and twisted wires going to the right hdlt.When i see elec.tape on wiring i have to check it out.Found all the wires going to the hdlt twisted together so i fixed them i thought,mistake made didnt test after the repair. i had mistakenly crossed the wires,didnt help that the hdlt harness had been changed to all black leads.anyhoo i retested w/ a voltmeter corrected the wiring wala no more burning fusible links lights work just fine.Thank you to all who posted help it was just that i learned more bout my festie thats always a wonderful thing!

datone38/festie needs?
        92 medium blue/w/sunroof
        89festie carbed/rusty but still goin
        94 s-10 blazer(for the wife soon be the blue festiva)lol
        89 ford taurus (great winter car 122k 3.0 make offer
        1978 dodge rv 64k paid 1k not for sale
        workin hard lovin life just need the the old festie right

Comment

Working...
        X