Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85/Fuel Bank Questions

Hi Group,

Here in Mn. E85 is down to $1.49 a gallon, can our little buggers get away with running a half-mixture of the stuff?

Also, here in St Cloud, we have a fuel bank, which I currently know little about, but supposedly allows one to buy large amounts of fuel at current market prices, so even when gas goes up, you're still paying the amount you locked in at. Has anyone participated in something like this? I do much of my driving out of state, but my girlfriend does 99% of hers around the area. Always looking for ways to save money.

Thanks ya'll!
    Brenton
    Because....45 MPG.

festyxfi,

I've heard of the fuel bank but never had dealings with one.
    Might do a net search and see what you can find about it.
    As for E85, it will probably run but not certain how well, expect to use more gallons due to much lower BTU content.
    Also, not sure of potential corrosion and plastic compatibility issues.
    Our cars were built to handle the standard 10% ethanol gasohol, but not certain that will be adequate for running 85% ethanol.
    If you were going to be running on E85 exclusively, you might consider ways to increase your compression ratio to recoup some of the lost performance.
    But, that's not a cheap venture.
    Last edited by Pu241; 10-30-2008, 07:44 PM.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Wow, here in Hutchinson E85 isn't much different than regular gas right now. Regular = $2.19, E85 = $2.05

Comment

Working...
      X